Anyone in Tamale?

'morning!

We're new to Tamale... can anyone give us tips on the best places to see/go to in the city or surrounding areas?

Thanks!

Team Tamale

You can get out to Larabanga mosque which is on the road to Mole Game Reserve so you can visit that too.

We live in a village a couple hours from Tamale. The best place to visit in Ghana in my opinion is MOLE Game park. It's rustic by some standards, but you can't beat the fact that you are that close to animals and the food/lodging really isn't bad at all. Remember it'll take you 3-6 hours to get there.
Be sure to visit a village. Hopefully you have a contact with somebody, the Northern people here are very hospitable and though it's rustic you might enjoy a night in a village and they can arrange a traditional dance/drumming for you. An unforgettable event.

In Tamale itself there's not much to see. The market as well as the arts n craft place is great place to pick up some stuff. For food, if you don't want street food good restaurants are SWAD fast food and Luxury Catering as well as Mariam and Gariba. let me know if you need directions or anything.

Great, thanks! If I can't track down your recommendations I'll be back on here asking for more info!

We've not got a car, do either of you have recommendations for where we can hire a car and driver to go to Mole?

Zoe

hi r u still in tamale?

Yes, here for a while, living here!

Hi Team Tamale,

Im coming to Tamale this July to do some research on Islamic schools. What is like out there? Are there fun things to do?

Im 21 and up for trying anything.

Hector

@teamtamale   Well I don't know a good place to live but I know a guy to avoid.  Goes by the name of Issaka Hamza aka Zarious. Him n his wife play not married n he goes after women online. Especially older ones. He'll romance you and take your money. A teacher also

@sophiesplace51 Hello there, the OP posted back in 2013 but thank you for your feedback. However, I recommend that you share your insights on more recent threads please.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

@zdihs it's a terrible town. Garbage everywhere. A few good restaurants that are. probably owned by foreigners. Chucks makes good pizzas

@teamtamale   Ugh. Not much.

Indeed Mole national park, Larbanga and Mognori are the northern communities every expat would like when they visit.
Mognori village especially, is a beautiful village close to the mole national park and Larbanga in the West Gonja Municipality of the Savannah region in the northern part of Ghana.
Mognori is a well endowed community with beautiful landscape, plenty natural resources, fertile land for farming and forage for animal rearing. A river for fishing, farming, rearing and for other domestic activities.
They inhabitants are lovely & loving and have a unique tradition and will fascinate you with their cultural performances; songs, dance, music instruments, clothes, and many other things of heritage.
Their delicious traditional meals would make you learn how to cook them so you can prepare for your self when you are away.
They will also cruise with you on a canoe and fishing expedition which would be very delightful and memorable experience.