UK to Jubail with very small children?

Hi, we are considering moving to Jubail from the UK.  Our oldest will be 2 and a half, and our youngest will be under 6 months old when we are thinking of going.

Has anyone got experience of kids that young in Jubail from the UK or Ireland? Do you have any advice on vaccinations or any other precautions for kids under 6 months?

Are there are any inter-compound mum's groups, or organised activities for little kids?

Any and all advice gratefully received

Welcome in jubail
There is a Clinic  they can advise you just if have Vaccination certificate you can complete here which is incomplete
More information you can contact me [email protected]

Hey,

Hope all is well. Im not a farther myself, but I do live in a compound in Jubail where there are a couple of families staying here who do have children and Im sure I saw one of the ladies with a child.

It's a SMALL compound, with a little car park and a swimming pool, the accommodation is decent and the people are good too.

PM for more details.

Hi,
There are no major epidemic diseases, Malaria, Rift Valley Fever….etc.  In Saudi Arabia, so there are no health precautions that you need to worry about prior to arriving (In Jeddah we have dengue fever but no preventive vaccination are known for it, as far as I know).

This is the new vaccination table recommended and used by MOH in Saudi Arabia; it was updated three months ago and vaccines  like Varicella were added after it used to be privately available.

There are other vaccinations available in the private sector and can be given with the consultation of your doctor.

http://www.moh.gov.sa/HealthAwareness/E … #1578;.pdf

For baby formula(if you are not breast feeding); most European and American brands are available in the Saudi market; similac, S26, Nan by Nestle, Nutricia, Bebelac, Enfamil, Milupa and I think that you can find Cow & Gate but not everywhere. For cereals and jar foods you can find  Gerber and Cerelac among others.

They will be enjoying swimming and the sun almost all year around.

Jubail is an industrial City so it faces the same environmental challenges that other industrial cities face. The fine dust is a another problem that can irritate some people especially children's.
Some people work in Jubail but commute daily from Dammam and Khobar to be away from the industrial environment effects.

if your life is stable and good in UK, then Don't do it!, Jubail is such a small country and yes, you may enjoy some social life inside the compound, but this what all you doing as well as your kids!

The posts about raising kids in Jubail are ridiculus I'm sorry. Jubail is the most greenest city in the Eastern province the "industrial hazard" is an exaggeration to say the least.If you were to live in Khobar/Dammam and commuted there aren't many parks and tennis/basketball courts and swimming in those regions unless within a compound. Over here even if outside the compound there are other facilities, gyms, rec center, horse riding, scuba.....your choice in the end :)