How to make the move

Hello all!  New here, and looking for some advise. I have been living in Bahrain for a little over a year now working for the Navy. I am separating from the Navy in a month or so and wanted to come love out in Bahrain permanently, with the intent of getting a job, etc.   can anyone assist me in the proper steps to do so?  All I have been able to find is applying for a two week visitors visa, but that will not work for living here permanently. I think I need something more along be lines of a residence permit, by without a employer sponsor it doesn't seem that is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated as my time here is short and I am trying to make my time away shorter!  Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Hi

As you are in the forces I presume that you have been able to stay in Bahrain without the need of a CPR.

You will need to find employment in Bahrain (or Saudi) and have the employer sponsor you to live in Bahrain. This is quite a long winded process but is certainly worthwhile as you know.

I would suggest putting your CV online and making it visible for all employers. The sites that are good are Monster and Total Jobs as well as many others. Search the Gulf newspapers and also the classified section of expat-blog and other web sites.

Good luck in your search

There is another job board called Bayt, which seems to focus more on the jobs in the Middle East. Based on my personal experience, I would highly recommend you updating your LinkedIn profile. A lot of companies and recruitment agencies do look out for profiles out there. That's also how I was approach by my employer.