German Views and Expieriences in Malta

Hello Community,

I am German and want to go to malta in this Summer and because I have only a Bulgarian contact there, I wanted to ask the germans here, what expieriences they made in Malta, how do you feel, is it nice, for what I have to take care or to look specialy and so on.

I hope I will recieve interesting information.

Greetings Volkov

Hi Volkov,

welcome to the forum.

Our Sliema Expat group has very active German members. You'll be very welcome -))) But we have to stick to English as that is the common language for all the members.

German experiences are no different from any other Expat's so feel free to browse previous forum posts and ask any specific questions.

When you come in the summer just be aware that Malta has a winter too -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Winter may will not be so cold like here in Germany I think. :D

I know that the Language here is English an I want to hear first general expierences and quastions will come with more posts and talking to the people. i will read more topics, this is sure. :)

Volkov wrote:

Winter may will not be so cold like here in Germany I think. :D

Outside it's much warmer, yes, but inside the houses it's colder compared with heated houses in Germany.

matm911 wrote:

Outside it's much warmer, yes, but inside the houses it's colder compared with heated houses in Germany.

Its warmer outside than inside. Sounds familiar. :D

Hello Volkov,
you are welcome in Malta. Do you want to live here or will come as tourist?
I am from Berlin, arrived 14 days ago in Msida, Malta, and consider to stay unlimited time. The last 19 years I was living in Southeast Asia. I am not so sure if I return to Asia or remain on this little island. Europe is difficult.
Presently I have only one German friend here and looking generally for new contacts, particually for a coffee-break, restaurant or events.
Just send me an email to [email protected] when you are in Malta or before. This is also true for anyone who is interested to meet me. Greetings from Malta. Ralph.

Hi Ralph,

welcome to the forum.

I happen to know Achim who told me about your arrival.

There are many Expat groups to meet new people and make friends.

For example Inter Nations has an active Malta group and are meeting this Wednesday near the ferries.

I'm available most of the time for a chat and a coffee somewhere in Gzira Strand area. Get in contact for a coffee coming week.

Cheers
Ricky

rarigerm wrote:

Hello Volkov,
you are welcome in Malta. Do you want to live here or will come as tourist?
I am from Berlin, arrived 14 days ago in Msida, Malta, and consider to stay unlimited time. The last 19 years I was living in Southeast Asia. I am not so sure if I return to Asia or remain on this little island. Europe is difficult.
Presently I have only one German friend here and looking generally for new contacts, particually for a coffee-break, restaurant or events.
Just send me an email to [email protected] when you are in Malta or before. This is also true for anyone who is interested to meet me. Greetings from Malta. Ralph.

Hi Ralph,

I will come this summer for searching a job and when its succesful I will come for a long time to stay.

I just wait that my Section Leader allows my Vacation at work.
At the moment I am collecting money, to have something I can start with.

Greetings Volkov