Best retreats in Bali?

Hello everyone,

I am interested in going on a spiritual retreat and wanted to know if anyone can recommend some?  My schedule is flexible so if there's any special retreat that are for longer periods, I would be open to this.  Looking forward to hearing your insights!

In Bali your best bet for this would be in Ubud and its environs, and in particular along the Ayung River Gorge.  Many consider this area to be the most spiritually charged area of Bali, and it is awesomely beautiful and peaceful.  Even the most devote atheists find themselves having second thoughts when spending time in this area.   

Putting aside the granola brand of Eat, Pray, Love “drive up window” ready to serve your every need sort of holy men, balians and retreat “resorts” which have sprung up since the EPL inspired pilgrimages to Ubud, there are a number of…(shall I say authentic?) choices for you in and around Ubud.

But, what is best for you is one of those uniquely personal decisions that only you can make. 

My advice (and we live just a short walk from the Ayung River Gorge) is to come over without any pre-arranged bookings and spend a day or two getting the feel of this area and look for what suits you best.  The chances are well in your favor that you'll eventually find it. 

Just for grins you might enjoy reading this post I made on another forum about a recent experience of a guest staying in our old house in our village:

http://www.homeinbali.com/forum/topic/6 … n-we-play/

Check out this website http://www.theretreatbali.com/

Hope it helps!

I think want a retreat too but not in ubud since I live in ubud ... Up the mountains somewhere maybe :)

Not sure if you've already gone but I think the best 'all round' one available is baliholistic.com Gives a taste of 'everything' and lots of one-on-ones with healers and counselors. It's in Sanur.

Looking into this site: yogitimes.com/city/bali

There are plenty of group retreats in Bali. Then there are personalized retreats to. Do you know which one you are looking for?

If you need assistance, there is a local coordinator in Bali that focuses on Wellness and may be able to advise you.

BaliYogaTravel.com

Good luck...and have a peaceful retreat :)