Compounds in or around Jazan

Good day everyone
I have recieved a excellent position in Jazan to work on the new refinary and the economic city. My question is what coumpounds are in the area and what is the average cost for living in such a compound.

Best regards to all

Hi
I was asking a similar question a few weeks ago. I was in discussions for a PM position in Jizen and from what I learned it does not seem like there are any componds. Maybe someone will have more information but I it seems to be very remote. The company now want me to come work in their Riyadh office which has me very pleased.

Good luck

Hi, it's true that there are no Compounds here(though I think one is being built close to the Economic City in Baish) but there are some nice and affordable accommodations available.This place is not as developed as other cities in Saudi but you will find basic things in surrounding cities.And the people are very nice and welcoming.

hi

i will be relocating to saudi arabia on the 4th March 13 and will be in jazan in the next 2.5 weeks. i will be working on the jazan refinery terminal project with saudi aramco. i dont know details yet, but will know in time.

Hi,

If you're still around Baish-Do you know if they ever built a residential compound?Maybe in one of the nearby villages?
If not do you know  of anynice  villas for rent in the area?
My wife and i are looking to move to jizan area anytime soon and we're kinda looking for a villa or expat family compound.
Also,does anyone having thoughts or experience about living in jizan city?

Hello Law12,
I now live in Jeddah but I spent my January vacation in Baish.In as much as Jizan is fast developing, there aren't compounds in the sense that you know it over there. However, you might be able to find a villa in Gizan city. There are many Western expats in Jizan but I don't think they have an organized community like they have in major cities in the Kingdom.

Hello Tifyffe,

THNX SO MUCH for your quick reply!
My wife Maria and I are really hoping to live in Baish - it is the closest place to where I will work and I will be working 11 hour days, so I don't look forward to a one commute to either Jizan or Ad Darb.

Are there a fair number of expats that live Baish?  Are you in contact with any friends that you have there, who you could put us in touch with, who could help tell us what kind of rental units might be available in Baish?  Do you have any photos of the village that you could share that show us what the town looks like?

By the way, I have been to Nigeria, to Lagos City and Abuja.  I was a consultant and connected with an outstanding Nigerian fellow who brought me to do some training for his company.  I loved the Sheraton Abuja - which had an excellent and versatile chef, who cooked local cuisine, Indian and western menus with equal flair.  Two of my very good friends and coworkers here in Abqaiq are from Nigeria. I hope to take my wife there and see my good friend Chris who had brought me there last time.

Best regards,
LFMC

Will Probably living to Jizan soon.How is the security and grocery mall there?Do they serve western products too?

Anyone in JIZAN?

Good day.
There is an compound at Jizan many expats stay there.
I visit it yesterday and I was surprise to see there are businesses also in the compound and I personally don't like the idea. During the day to much movement from business people.
I stay in Jizan in a new comparment for a year now and I am happy,  after a year I still don't know my neighbour's. Most of the people in the compartment are expats.
It's very safe for an family to stay here.
Sure in future there will be compounds close to the refinery but not yet.

Hi Sarel. what is your native city in SA? my husband is boer and was born in Durban. He is now in J-an as well!