Yoga in HCMC

Hello,

There's probably the same thread somewhere but i couldn't find it.
I used to do Yoga in the past but haven't done it for quite a while now. Kinda need to do it again to get back in shape, afterwork or during weekends. Could anybody recommend me a good place in Dist 1 or 7??

Also,if anyone'd want to do Yoga, pls let me know. it'd be more fun to workout together :)

there is one yoga studio in dis 7, pmh,

name is universal yoga,
you can search on the internet.

bhagirathiyoga.org

Hi there
You can try Yoga Living. @95 Pasteur D1. They offer different classes Vinyasa, Hatha, Ashtanga, at their two studios. The other studio is in Vo Van Tan, D3 - for weekend classes.

I do my yoga here...they have very reasonable contracts. The one I have is a six months contract unlimited - meaning,  7days a week, and as many classes a day as you want to have. It was only 90USD

They are re-opening on 15 Feb

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi Satran!

Did you find a good place for yoga yet?
I just moved here and want to do yoga too, but never done it before so I'm not sure we can go together. But if you find a good place, please let me know :)

Thanks!

Hi Satran

My husband and I have just moved here from Brisbane so we're quite newbies. We're living in D7 (Tan Quy). We're both qualified yoga teachers and are keen to get a group of people together to do yoga from our place. We have a few friends who are keen to start so if you're interested, let us know. It's a nice way to meet like minded people and keep fit at the same time :)

Thanks!!

Join D1 you will meet me, you could have a week free of charge in California. If you like to join there, i will help you.

hello ms satran
     you can find yoga in lapothiquaire spa in 64, troung dinh dist 3,where am teaching in.
thanks
dr shiva

Xaba wrote:

Hi there
You can try Yoga Living. @95 Pasteur D1. They offer different classes Vinyasa, Hatha, Ashtanga, at their two studios. The other studio is in Vo Van Tan, D3 - for weekend classes.

I do my yoga here...they have very reasonable contracts. The one I have is a six months contract unlimited - meaning,  7days a week, and as many classes a day as you want to have. It was only 90USD

They are re-opening on 15 Feb

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I've checked out the site and it seems really nice. Do you really pay 90$ for 6 month contract as from the website it costs $63/month for evening and weekend classes.

Since there's no phone number on the site, could you please let me know the number if you have one?

Thank you!

Hi,

You can try at PMH which located at 2nd fl., D2-21 My Toan 3, Phu My Hung Dist. 7. Instroctor is Korean.

If you want to join there call to 090.363.5804.

cheers!

Hi i am looking for a yoga teacher too

There is an Australian couple who is regularly holding a free yoga class in district 7-- Will regret if you miss it! The information could be found on Couchsurfing page.

Good luck!

(Moderated: Please post an advert in the Ho Chi Minh City classifieds)

Get Fit or California... I have contracted with Get Fit since Sep, almost spending time on yoga... pretty good!

Hi,
my friend is a manager in California fitness in dist 7. if u like to do yoga there, i can ask him to give u some discount :)

i found amazing studio w great offer running now! 15 classes for 330.000 !!!

Satwa studio

Hello Satran,
I'm also interested in Yoga too but haven't tried it before. I'd like to join with you and expect your guidance also for new beginner like me.
Cheers,

Hi satran, I'm a little late to the party, but how did you go with finding a studio in HCMC? I'm new here and would love some recommendations. I've done an online search and they all seem kinda pricey...

Cheers,
Thu

A friend suggested I should take up Yoga. It is very beneficial from what I gather from internet and so forth. I am pretty sure HCM city have some Yoga as I passes by California and yoga center ( a good one at Ben thanh market). Also, on Ky Dong I saw a sign, however this as compare to the California not as impressive on outside. However, I am interested in a good yoga instructor and class at reasonable price also. Thanks ciao'
danny

I've heard of weekly free yoga classes but never went....not sure of the quality of the class but maybe its worth checking out if its free? I'll dole check my sources and get back to you on that...

I know an affordable and professional Yoga Studio. Its on 298 Hai Ba Trung in tan Dinh but only locals go there.

12 sessions should cost around 250.000 vnd the last time I asked in Dec. However I didnt have time to go to one. There are several YT Videos and they look pretty cool.

http://yeuyoga.com/yeuyoga_news/index.php

Yes. Yoga is really good. It keeps u balanced and calm. Oh and u move muscles you've never heard of, I swear:)

Thanks Missmae, I will check it out to see it is suitable for me or not. Good information and is real close to where I stay. One good advantage point. ciao'

You're welcome.
I'm not sure whether they speak English since their website is only in Vietnamese and only Locals go there. However try your luck.

I have to mention that if you sign up you have to stick to the same time table e.g. if you choose 7 - 8 pm, you can only access to this classes.

Happy Work Out:)

There is the Sivananda Yoga Center, north part of Dist 1, not far off Hai Ba Trung.  http://www.sivanandayogavietnam.org/  It's not a spa, but a yoga center. They offer beginning courses in English, 1 and 2, then open yoga sessions during the day and evening. Good people and place. Call to get the most up to date schedule info.

Julian09 wrote:

There is the Sivananda Yoga Center, north part of Dist 1, not far off Hai Ba Trung.  http://www.sivanandayogavietnam.org/  It's not a spa, but a yoga center. They offer beginning courses in English, 1 and 2, then open yoga sessions during the day and evening. Good people and place. Call to get the most up to date schedule info.

Ah very close to my place. Neighbourhood. I think it's foreign run and offers teaching classes as well. I found it a bit overprice though

Yes, this Yoga Center is a part of an international organization. According to the teacher I have (foreigner), most of the students are Vietnamese, and many of the teachers. This beginning class is conducted in English. All of the six students in it are foreigners living in Vietnam.  Classes are also conducted in Vietnamese, however.  Price list is here - sivanandayogavietnam.org/page/prices/en. You can purchase a membership (see the website) which makes the price per course or open sessions less. Beginning 5 sessions without a membership $38usd/approx. 800,000vnd. With a membership $29/611,000vnd. Open sessions $138/2,900,000 non-member 3 months unlimited (sessions offered every day with the most  being offered M-F). Membership open session, 3 month unlimited $115/2,421,00vnd. Or you can just pay each time you go-the most expensive. Lots of options I'm sure there are cheaper places to do yoga that are good. This is just the one I've been to and like.

Hello all,

I am visiting family from Austin, Texas for the next 7 weeks and would like to get back into a workout routine.  Any updated recommendations on studios, days and times that I could take classes and meet some new friends?  Thank you!

Lien

Hi, I am coming late to this discussion, but I just arrived in HCMC, and I am looking for yoga classes in English, and free is my favorite price!  Did you ever find anything?  I am staying in District 1, so any yoga classes in English near there I'm interested in.
Thanks,
Brian