Maybe moving to Saigon

My friend (31) and I (25) live in the Netherlands and are thinking about moving to Saigon. I could probably get a job, but currently he can not find work in Saigon. Because it' s a big step to leave everything behind, we want some clarification about our chances to live and work in Saigon.

1. How do we find a suitable accommodation? We prefer to live in District 2.
2. What are the options for my friend to find work? He has a good job right now in Holland.
3. What is your experience of life in Saigon? We are somewhat familiar with the culture because of our three week tour through Vietnam last year.

It seems very nice to get in touch with people who live in Saigon. We like to Skype with Some dutch people.

Sincerely,

Gerben and Merle

Hi Gerben and Merle,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to view other threads on the Saigon forum as well.

Best of luck,
Christine

hi
Im Joe from Australia i ve been living in Sai gon for a long time, i am living in Binh thanh  district, it takes 15 mins to get District 2, i ve a lot of friends living in District 2, a lot of apartment buildings ve grown up there,if u come there i 'd like to recommend u a good place to settle.
if possible i will send u some pics on the apartments
hope to catchya soon

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. If we come to Saigon, it will be in july. Until than, I'll remember your offer. :)

Greetings,

Merle & Gerben

Hi merlevink
Please tell me more what work do you find? And What income make you happy? etc....
Please contact me, [email protected]

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]