Visit/tourist visa inquiry

Hi. I am a newbie in this blog. I find this very much helpful compare to the other site.

Any way, my bestfriend is working in omanair as a flight stewardess for about 4 yrs from now. She offered me to visit here there so that i could find a job in oman too.

I had worked in saudia for 2 yrs and just returned here in Phil last july 2012.  For now, i am taking up my post grad clinical training that will end this feb. i want to consider my friend's offer since i have xperience in gulf country.

My concern is that, is it really possible for me to find a nursing a job in a famous and decent hospital in muscat for a week? Will they offer me a good compensation package even if i will directly apply to them? I mean i wont apply through an agency here in the philippines?

Thanks a lot!

Rayba12!
A simple and straight answer to your question is "NO". Sorry about it, however finding a job  in Oman is not an easy task which can be fulfilled in just a week. Since you're a nursing graduate, i think there are procedures of Oman Ministry of health for the application of license,.. then to route through ... guess some agencies or watever.... and then test ... all these things... interviews...  All this is not possible in a week's time. You can first visit Muscat for few days. Look for yourself the opportunities and then decide how you wud see urself being in this country.

Im sure you wont get a problem in getting a job as a huge population of filipinas is engaged in nursing industry!

You are a brilliant advicer! Mr. Schaz, ill rephrase my question, will it be possible for me to find a nursing job within a month since i have working experience in saudia for 2 years?

I would really want to stay in oman. This blog which tackles oman is very interesting for me.. I think oman is much way better than saudia. That is why, i want to take my opportunity in there! Thanks again!

Hey rayban. Good day. Im a fellow filipin nurse.

If you want a decent hospital with greatt
salary offer that would be from government hospitals here in oman. Sadly, government hospitals dont do direct hire.

The only ones that do are those private health establishments in which the salary is much less than the govt hospitals.
And as what mr.schaz waz saying,  i agree that you could sna

I agree that you couldn't snatch a job in one month's time. Since the ministry of health would require you to take written and oral exam(interview). Take it from me it took me over two months before a job was offered to me.

If you really want to get in govt hosp, salary is good i suggest you apply for agency. I heard moh representatives will go to philippines this february and march collaborating with agencies for hiring. Agencies like omanfil, irekrut, RPR international.

Here you go Rayban!
You got yourself an answer as well as a fella colleague to help you out. Do hope you're gonna get your desired job. Indeed Oman is far better than KSA!

Wooow!!! Really??? How about in the hospital? will it be easier to apply within one month's time? I am confused though, some people told me that it is possible to be hired in a month..

I would loved to be under the agency but my fiance doesnt allow me to go to oman alone so the only way to get in there is be a tourist with him through my bestfriend who's working in omanair..

Well if you wanna try ur luck in that short amount of time, i suggest if you know someone here in oman thats willing to do the personal inquiries/searching for you before u fly here so ur time wont be of waste...

One month would perhaps be possible if you already have a target or affirmative job offer from an establishment...

Try to search private health establishmnts in oman and their websites. You could do an inquiry there with their contact numbers

Helo! Thank you for your comment. My other friend is currently working in the moh but she is in the office work set up. She encourage me not to pursue nursing. I think dhe is right. If i can receive a higher salary with no shifting hours, ill better go on to that... Anyway, how can i contact the institutuions? Thanks again