Relocate to nairobi , somebody can guide me ?

hi all

i am relocating to nairobi in feb with family of 3 persons

could somebody tell me how much salary should i asked for a good living in kenya ,

salary include accomadation , good school for kid , transport with reguler expenditure of house hold

regards,

Pradeep

Hi Pradeep
Welcome to Expat.com!

Regarding cost of living, i hope you have gone through the old blogs.

Kindly find some more details & you can even check it out this new URL -

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=163396

Flat will cost you around- 70 to 80k Ksh 2 bedroom Flat. But need to do lot of R&D. As its good if you get furnished one. As you dont have to go for household stuff seperately.

Taxis are very expensive, its better you go for second hand locally used car which will starts with 4k USD , but you will get the one which runs ;) from 4k to 5k USD onwards.

Japan Used car will cost you starting with 7k USD onwards and its depends on the Model & Company.

Cars you can check once you are here..may be you might get a good deal with the local used one like Nisssan or Toyota.

Zuku Internet is best - with 4000 Ksh you get 10 main Indian channels (Including Main Indian Channels) + other english & local channels. its come with Wifi Internet router + landline phone.. speed is really awesome.

Grocery items are expensive but you will get all Indian Food stuff.

I think $1000 wud be enough for food , Internet + Ph + local outing.

Entertainment activities -
Mall with Cinema and playing indian Movies.
Social Gathering
Many Indian Temples
Parkland & Westland area is like mini India.
Recently Honey singh was here, last weekend Mika was here. so you can guess country is cool.

Security is in your own hand so dont show too much  jewellery or cash. Rest its fine and let me tell you that Kenya is far better then any other african or asian country.

Some schools are like - Aga khan / Oswal schools, they charge like 1000USD per term mens school has 3 terms per year, You can check it an search on internet about schools and call on the school number directly and check the Terms starting dates and fees (Check during working hours only, time difference is 2Hrs 30 Min behind from India).

I hope this information is enough, for more information sent me message on my inbox with your no. and email will contact you.

Cheerzz!!!

You would need $ 5,500 per month salary for a worry free living in Nairobi- Westland or Park land areas, schooling, transport by own car, week end trips to Westgate shopping mall, dinners at the Nairobi Safari Club and shopping at Nakumatts.

could any one tell me about tax structure in kenya ,

also if somebody help me to find out 2bhk fully furnished apartment in parkland or westlands with electricity, water  and security

is i get 6500 USD monthly then how much tax i ave to pay on monthly salary , is it ok salary for nairobi for decent living with Family ?

Hi,

I think you will pay 30% (i.e. $.1,950/-) into tax and will have $.4550/- (minimum) in hand.

The salary seems quite OK.

Thanks,
Kashif

Could some body tell me the good school (British private)fee for one term

4k USD is ok for living in Nairobi. With family of three ,can I save 1.5k monthly ifi am using local transport and cooking food at home

it depends on how you spend money. but as i can say, you can save 1.5k every month, thats possible...
@rohit good info, working hard to help people....

hi all

i am relocating to nairobi in feb with family of 3 persons

could somebody tell me how much salary should i asked for a good living in kenya ,

salary include accomadation , good school for kid , transport with reguler expenditure of house hold

regards,

Pradeep

I think the very first and very importance thing is  what kind of job are you doing,How long you will be in Nairobi, secondly a good place to live; one a house in Lavington of about 35,000 kshs per month, this is self contained, hire a vehicle from tour company  which charge 7000 kshs per day exclusive fueling which depends with your movement, Have visa card to which you will use for your shopping at hypermarket for your household and other house requirement in Nairobi instead of carrying liquid money,
      A good school like statehouse academy which offer high quality education which fees around 80,000 per month. I think about 200,000 kshs or $ 2500 dollar its better.

Hello,
Did you manage to get the information u were looking for?

not yet

Hi Charles
What Exactly you are looking for? as you wrote "Not Yet"

you r saying that it is good that if you have this kind of money , what i am asking for school where indian kid are studying and what is the fee for specific term + any other charges with this the accomadation in westland or parklands (2BHK furnished) what is the cost for the same.

hope i am clear now

yes i got the general information  now i just looking for specific information regarding aptmnt. well furnished

bpradeep wrote:

yes i got the general information  now i just looking for specific information regarding aptmnt. well furnished

Hi Pradeep,

Are you still looking for some more information??
Boss specific Information on apartment, you will get once you are here, if somebody will tell you that there is an apartment for 60000 Ksh, but till the time you would be here it wont be available.

Regarding Kids School, As i told you earlier also,  why dont you call on school line directly and get the exact figure on per term fees And i think if you will go through all the above comments, you will find enough school names and for some more options you  can consult with your company's HR in Kenya or colleague who are already here.

Pradeep,

You would not be able to use local transport and a car will be a must.

I have since updated the prices and you may like to have a look at the following post -

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#1089766

Could any body tell me that can I get on.arrival visa at Nairobi airport.I.holding Indian.passport. plus.what kind.of.document required.for on arrival visa.I.hope.I.will there on.22 march
Additionaly if.some one.tell me.what purpose.i mention on the form

Thank in.advance and waiting for an early reply

Legally, you should have a work permit before you begin working on your job. If your employer has already obtained a work permit for you, the copy of the same should suffice.

If you are coming just for a visit, an invitation and evidence for where you are going to stay and evidence of return ticket are generally required.

You also need to have been vaccinated for yellow fever.

Visa is on arrival and you have to pay a visa fee of USD 50.

Hope this answers your query.

bpradeep, for visiting visa do not need any documents, just carry your passport and return flight ticket. for more information in detail check your personnel mail box... i left a message there...

tulda

thank you very much for the information as of now i am coming for just visit not for work , i have the return ticket ,  local address of staying i have, what kind of invitation requires in, this could you explain  this ( an Email will suffice or not )

thanks in advance

Regards,

Pradeep Bansal

Dear suribhai

Thank you very much for the information as of now i am coming for just visit not for work , i have the return ticket ,  local address of staying i have. hpe this will suffice the requirements
thanks in advance

Regards,

Pradeep Bansal

if you dont have return ticket there is no issue, they just will charge you 50$, something like bribe. Some of my friends experienced this. Local address is just to fill the form, thats it. Dont worry its simple procedure for visa in airport...

email will suffice.

thanks all for your support to getting in to Nairobi, now for short term period for getting the sense of the place I am here in Nairobi
send me the connects so  we can be in touch

(Moderated)

hello Mr Pradeep, contact Mr Rohit Eleazer., if you are looking for fun in nairobi... he can help you a lot... Cheers....

hi all,

I have a job offer from a Nairobi based firm, they are offering me approx 4000$/month with family insurance. will it suffice for family of 2 ?? can I save 1.5 K USD every month.
Plz also suggest where can i buy a rental flat 2 bhk and car to commute and what could be the approx price.

regards,
Mandar

Hi Mandar

Welcome to Expat.com

Kindly check the old post and comments on the Blog for the cost of living, Rental House & car and i think $4k is ok, and saving is depend on how efficiently u manage your expanses.

And Regarding Housing i know some genuine agents & for car its better you come here and check yourself as there are Ex Japan Models & locally driven vehicles, check it out according to your budget.
Inbox me me if any specific information required.

Cheerz!

4000 is quite less as i suppose you should ask them to provide house tooo.... kindly check the posts related to cost of living....