Getting married to a muslim

hi, i am from phillippine and currently working in singapore. i am planning to get married in malaysia this coming june...inshaallah.. but my question is; me i know what are the requirements to get married there. my husband to be is a malaysian muslim and i also  converted to muslim in singapore already. my husband to be is also working in singapore but we want our marriage will be done in malaysia.... anybody can help me the procedure to get married there.....thank you

Hello missbahian.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This thread could help : Getting married in Malaysia.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi it's simple. Go to the states Islamic affairs office - the rules are DIFFERENT for each state. If marrying out of home state a Malaysian must get permission from home village leader. Also foreigners need a letter from embassey stating no objection to marriage. You will need to do a marriage course. The good ones give you all the paperwork and get a checklist from local Islamic affairs office (eg JAIS in selangor).

Beware rules change. Eg recently women have to prove their parents were married. If not hard to get married! Strange but true. You will need an Islamic conversion card to prove you are Muslim.

Good luck

thanks Nemodot and Aurélie for your advice it will help me to prepare....about my mother if she is married what will happen if they got separated already....how to prove to them.....anyway i got my conversion card already and now preparing to go for marriage course....