Hello im new here. i have a few questions

basically im just wanting to know of some schools for my son. he is a american citizen and does speak some spanish. about 20 % he knows. not alot. :(

i came across this page by a link i found on google about some lady from iowa that got a job in reynosa.

any information will be helpfull. a few questions i have....
1. does the elementry schools speak AND TEACH in english? like a,b,c's and numbers and basic pre-school /elementry in america?
2. since im planning on living there for a while with my husband(born in mexico) if our son goes to school MEXICO will later in life when he goes to college, will they not let him apply since he didnt study in america? will we have problems?
3. are we able to LIVE in reynosa and just have our son go to a school on the american border? how would i go about doing that?
4. and MYSELF, would i be able to work in america while living in reynosa?

Hello meaghan and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

nobody yet?

somebody please help!!!!!????????????????

I don't think anyone answered because they are not familiar with the answers.

Your son would be considered an international student if he applied to American colleges for enrollment.  Now he is a dual citizen I'm guessing and right now that would apply but I'm not sure what will happen when he is old enough to enroll in college. Rules may change as the immigration battle in the US rages on. 

You are looking for an International School.  You do not say what part of Mexico you are living in so its hard to answer your question. We are in Cuernavaca and there are over 30 language schools here where people come from all over the world to learn Spanish.  I have met people who have opened elementary schools and high schools for learning.

And as for still working.  Does your company exist in the city you are going to and will they transfer you?  You are looking for a work visa.  Is that right?  As in most countries if you have a skill they can't get in their own country and they need to hire expats to fill a position they can, but they will help you do all the paperwork.  If you work remotely and just need an internet connection then you dont' need a work visa, just do your thing.

If you can give a little more clarity we might be able to help you better.

meaghan wrote:

nobody yet?

somebody please help!!!!!????????????????

1. I lived in Chihuahua, Quintanna Roo, and Chiapas.  I've never heard of a public school that teaches in English, and the English they do teach is very minimal.  I have American friends who tried to put their kids in Mexican schools and the kids didn't fair very well.  Others have, so it's possible. There ARE private schools that teach in English.

2.If he's American, college isn't an issue.  He'll have to take the SAT test or similar.

3.Lot's of Mexican kids receive a day pass to cross the border and go to school.  Your case is a little different.  You kid can cross but I don't know what the hassle is with him coming back. 

4.Yes, lots of American live in Mexican border towns and make the trip to a US job every day.