Excess / Oversized Baggage to Luanda Airport

Dear All,
I want to share one experience about baggage at Luanda.

I arrived from Mumbai ( Via Dubai, on Emirates ) recently. On arrival I found that my bag was on the belt but one box was missing.

There was a lady who informed me that the box can be collected from "Oversized Baggage Section" which is on your left of the arrival area.

I visited that place but my box was not there. I communicated with Emirates and they confirmed that the box was loaded on the same flight.  Next day I got a call from Airport, saying that the box can be collected from Principal Port, Behind Toyota Showroom, Rocha Pinto, Luanda.

I went there on a Sunday. The place closes at 12.00 noon, but as there were just 3 minutes left, I was allowed. ( passport and baggage tag required ) The box was well kept. There  were many  travellers with huge bags, to be cleared.

As I had just a small box I approached an officer, he gave me a
special inspection. He just saw a few things. There was nothing objectionable in the box.

Moreover you are provided with sealing tape and huge plastic bags, in case you are unable to repack your things.  They have a copying machine there and a copy of passport is taken. After their clearance you can take away your bag.

I am very happy to say that I did not have to pay any money, for this.

I am not sure what is the criteria for separating your baggage, maybe because it was a box. Other travellers told me that, they had some electronics / electrical items in the bag.

So take care. Avoid bringing boxes to Luanda. Please spread this to all travellers coming to Luanda.

Warm Regards,

Dinesh

Thank you for sharing with us! ;)

Aurélie

Thanks Dinesh for the info.