Jeddah Compounds

This is a Spanish guy who will be transferred from Khobar to Jeddah.

I would like to know the most suitable compounds including services and locations

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hola,
Am sure that this topic has been discussed before and someone will point you to the right direction/ link, but for the time let me share this with you. In general Jeddah does not offer great compounds like other major cities in Saudi and you need to expect to be in a waiting list. That being said, the best compounds in Jeddah are Sharbatly Village (best option for singles), Arabian Homes Sierra (families) , Al Hajarayn and Lotus (French compound).
If you are the type of expat who when he travels to a new country likes to clap your wings with ONLY fellow countrypersons, then am not sure where Spanish are accommodated in Jeddah but I start seeing more Spanish men here than ever before.

Good luck
Adios

Dear Ahmadaq,

Thanks a lot for your answer it has been really useful. Regarding nationality of the people inside the compound I have any preference just discover some social live and enjoy the weekend.

Regads.

Best accommodation is Arabian Homes. Really lovely and you will enjoy the compound. When you get there, go over to Italian Embassy (15 minute drive). I know you are Spanish, however enquire about the Cinema evenings. They are a lot of fun, where many Latinos and other expats get together each week and enjoy a "typical latino evening".

Avoid all Mexican eating places in Jeddah..as they are not at all good. You can buy any type of food in the large super markets.

Jeddah is different than any other city in the KSA. You are making a great move. Has a good vibe, compared to Khobar, which can get quite boring after a while.

Best of luck with the move

Suzan,

Thanks a lot for your post. I really appreciate your help. I am living abroad 8 years ago, one in Saudi (Khobar). I don't properly need Spaniards, just in case. In fact I am italian speaker cos I was 2 years living there.

I will start to write down an email and to call to all these compounds.

Thanks a lot again. If are coming back to Jeddah let me know to share a coffee.

Best regards,
Manuel.

De nada!

Buena suerte

Guyz you may consider me an ignorant person. But please explain for me why compounds are different from regular living?

mirzayasir4 wrote:

Guyz you may consider me an ignorant person. But please explain for me why compounds are different from regular living?

For those who live regular living behind the blinded windows and swim in pools with thobes/abayas - no difference.

Which Witch wrote:
mirzayasir4 wrote:

For those who live regular living behind the blinded windows and swim in pools with thobes/abayas - no difference.

Everybody has freedom to adopt a way which he consider right as per his thoughts.

mirzayasir4 wrote:
Which Witch wrote:
mirzayasir4 wrote:

Everybody has freedom to adopt a way which he consider right as per his thoughts.

Only in compounds. That's a difference.

good morning

know that you can find all kind of conpounds in jeddAH IT DEPENDS ONLY ON YOU AND MUCH YOU WILL BE READY TO PAY.

I THINK FREEDOM IS GIVEN TO ALL PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LIVE FREE , AND CONSIDER THAT FREEDOM IS A VALUE IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT AND NOT TO BE USED IN IT .

Which Witch wrote:

Only in compounds. That's a difference.

People outside the compounds are living in this land from long time, they have their own traditions and social values. As per their mentality and values, Wearing Abaya is right. So no body who is coming from outside should have objection on their living and wearing.

They also facilitate out-siders who are having different life style to live in compounds. Just not to disturb their life style as well as out siders.

mirzayasir4 wrote:

They also facilitate out-siders who are having different life style to live in compounds. Just not to disturb their life style as well as out siders.

So you answered your own question.

Which Witch wrote:
mirzayasir4 wrote:

So you answered your own question.

I did, but I was looking for someone to put more light on it. But it seems people are more interested in doing argument instead of sharing experiences etc.

mirzayasir4 wrote:

sharing experiences etc.

As you wish... the compound experience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZZt6FeJp0

hi,  im new here in Jeddah.we r 5 member family 3kids.we are looking for villa portion with 5 rooms n should be very clean prefer newly build in good area.range istill48k.can anyone help me in finding good villa portion or 5room apartment in  good areas.thanku

Well , Here there I just wish for you the best so you can stay happy safe an explore more of out culture ^_^