Car Tyres for Malta

Hi All,
What are the recommendations for motor car tyres suitable for the Malta weather conditions? Does one fit ones that would be safer in the wet weather?
Your comments would be appreciated
Max

Hi Max ,

are you joking ?

Who cares about tires in Malta? They even drive with flat tires ....

Driving in Malta is more about your own driving style! Maltese usually drive faster when the roads are wet but it might not be smarter -)))

Cheers
Ricky

It depends on the driver, not the tyre !

btw, my rear tyres are old Kumho, and my new front tyres are Nexxen, because they were the only one in stock when I needed them :D

Yes I know it is all about the Maltese drivers. What I am wanting to do is being able to brake swiftly to avoid them:lol:
I have to replace my tyres before coming to Malta and that is why I wanted some feed back

Hi Groove,

don't worry ! Your UK tires are probably a lot better than the average Maltese tire !

If not your new ones bought here in Malta won't be more expensive than in the UK.

Cheers
Ricky

Lol i agree with the others tyres over here ......they dont care so much.
I had the same fears when i moved over so i put pirelli's front and back, and apart from the total write off i had in my vectra (i kid you not, some guy driving like a tit drove straight into me 5 days after i got the car), apart from that they were great.

What im saying is it dont matter mate, a decent set of tyres and a bit of luck you'll be grand, just make sure you watch what everyones doing drivings more of an art over here, you'll get the hang of it. :)

tyres in my experience here are fine and cheaper...probabaly chinese.....LOL

but do ne careful when it has been very very dry and then a brief shower of rain the roads become dangerously slippy/slimy/greasy - even with the best of tyres......

Problem are also the cars with (old and hard) offroad tyres because they have no grip on wet surface, esp. in curves, therefore some cars need "your" line then ;)
It's also pretty slippery in summer when the asphalt surface is very hot.

Hopefully one of you can help us. Where can we find a reputable tyre supplier? We need one 175/65R 14

Montebello. Very good prices and the main importer into Malta of all tyres.

I have just ordered 4 x 205/45/17 and they are €72.90 each and inclusive of VAT, ECOTAX, WHEEL BALANCING and FITMENTS

J.

Many thanks J. We got what we needed from Montebello at a good price and it's around the corner - even better!! Quick, friendly service too.

yes I am in Birzebbuga so was same for me and Joe there is a really nice guy.