New residence permits

Hi, can someone advise me of the website where I can view the application forms for residency. How do the new rules apply to ourselves whereas we only arrive on 20th  February and will not have any ID   thanks

Here is the link to the website where you can find all the information and forms:

http://www.foreign.gov.mt/default.aspx?MDIS=552

How it affects you personally I can't tell but until you have applied for the new e-residency ( by appoinmtment only) and get the receipt you will not be 'resident '.

It may be a problem for those non- EU citizens who need to get things solved within a certain time period.

Maybe the process will be better organized by the 20 th Febuary?

Cheers
Ricky

"Maybe the process will be better organized by the 20 th Febuary?"

you have to be joking Ricky...

toonarmy9752 wrote:

to be fair, its already improved in several ways from 2 weeks ago

1. now appointment system
2. clarification existing holders dont have to provide docs a 2nd time
3. clarification over which forms to fill in

georgeingozo wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

to be fair, its already improved in several ways from 2 weeks ago

1. now appointment system
2. clarification existing holders dont have to provide docs a 2nd time
3. clarification over which forms to fill in

only
1) only by email - and what if you havent got access to that? another visist to valletta!!!!
2) but you still have to re-apply and take two journeys to valetta (potentially 3 if you aint got access to email) to get what you already have AND MAY NOT BE OBLIGED TO DO
3) is there?

an ill thought out plan - always going to cause chaos - and exactly that has happened.

its gone from very bad to bad - an improvement :-)

"3) is there?" - its clear for me - form J (self sufficient) and ID 1A

toonarmy9752 wrote:

1) only by email - and what if you havent got access to that? another visist to valletta!!!!

can you even make an appointment if you turn up ?

Please don't think I defending the system - its as massive balls up, but it has improved

Hi all,
I applied for resident permit in December. After a month they told me,that it is not ready and I must apply for a second time, after arrange an appointment by email. i recieve a date for an appointment, but should I apply with all documents for a second time? I couldnt understand why it is so.
Thank you
Dilqna

yes, if your first application wasn't finished, I suspect you will need to bring all docs again

And do you know how much time it will take to be ready? I am waiting for this to apply for a school.

supposedly 3-8 weeks

After a month, I must wait another 3 or more weeks?.........:/

you will be issued a receipt - I don't know if that's sufficient for your purposes ?

Do you think it will be enough for the school?

Ive no idea, but I suggest asking the school, explaining the problems

Thank you!

From what I saw when I was there last week there is absolutely no connect with any old files and documents that were given to the department before the new system started!

If you did not receive a residence document in December you will have to re-apply ! I noticed that you are from Bulgaria! Under what category are applying for residency ?

Cheers
Ricky

Hi,
Employment-under this category. In fact, from the school, where I apply for my son,want from me resident permit for me and for him.
Greettings

HI Dilqnka,

not quite sure under what category you are applying ? If you have a work permit it should not be a problem if you have the required income and health insurance.

The school you are applying for your son ? Not quite clear what you mean ? If you are resident you cannot send your son to school in Malta or are you a teacher with a work permit?

WE would need more info on your specific situation .

Cheers
Ricky

So...I work in Malta with a contract and work permit. I apply for a goverment school here for my son, who is 5 years old.When I asked, what documents I need to sign him, one of the documents was resident permit.For me and for him.

when you apply with all relevant documents - and assuming theyre correct and accepted - then you will get your temporary receipt which will serve as residence document...suggests that you may be ok

Hi Dilqnka,

Form A for you and Form F for your daughter

Form ID 1A for each of you.

Supporting documents: Passports, birth certificates showing relationship of child, work contract and work permit, proof of health insurance (national insurance) and rental agreement - originals and a copy make the process easier. Basically the same documents you needed the first time.

If you have an ID card you will have to return it when applying.

You will receive a receipt for you and one for your daughter with a picture and official stamp on it which can be used as ID card and residence document until the final one is ready.

That seems to be the process at the moment.

If you have an appointment then you will have the receipt on that date.

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you very much for this information.

Hi... I am a permanant resident here with the old system, I never bothered with my children at the time, the expat division didn't seem worried about that. They all go to school here with no problems. My question is, do I need to sort out this e-residency thing? My id card ran out a long time ago, that also doesn't seem to bother people?

coxf - yes you do - there is a form just for old PR holders

georgeingozo wrote:

coxf - yes you do - there is a form just for old PR holders

Ok thanks

Sorry, I am a little confused - it's easily done!!  I have been reading through the now very long sticky post on e-residency and have not found what I was looking for.

georgeingozo - you mentioned a form for old PR holders, but from what I can work out, that is only if you applied and paid all the relevant fees etc to be in this scheme.

My wife and I both have ID cards and we both have the Residence Document issued by the Dept of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs.  For the new documents, do we have to take all the proof of income and other forms in, or can we apply with the Residence Documents, for which we have already supplied this proof? 

I think the PR you are talking about is s separate registration from the residence documents that we have, but happy to be told otherwise! :D

Thanks for any advice?

I'll send an email to the e-residency office to ask the same question, but I'm not hopeful of a reply.  I sent several emails asking for appointments to get the new ID when they were taking them and have never received an answer!

martinparker wrote:

georgeingozo - you mentioned a form for old PR holders, but from what I can work out, that is only if you applied and paid all the relevant fees etc to be in this scheme.

correct - you have ordinary residency not PR

martinparker wrote:

For the new documents, do we have to take all the proof of income and other forms in, or can we apply with the Residence Documents, for which we have already supplied this proof?

no, you just swap one for the other - all explained in the ministry website FAQ :-)

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … stions.pdf

"If one is an EU national and has already been issued with a registration certificate, all one has to do is to submit the original and copy of the registration certificate together with the
forms. "

georgeingozo wrote:
martinparker wrote:

correct - you have ordinary residency not PR

I'm confused now. I have a Permanent registration certificate issued by expat division? (residence document) But I haven't paid fees or in a scheme???

I think that if you have been here for more than five years, you can apply to be a Permanent Resident.  But there is also the buy in Permanent Residence scheme, which was changed to the High Net Worth scheme by the previous govt and has recently changed name again.  This allowed you to lodge a bond with the govt and buy property here, and I thought that was the thing referred to.

Probably my confusion and it is the five year and over Permanent Residents document that was being referred to!

Sorry for adding more confusion!!

Thanks for the answer, georgeingozo.

I saw that statement in the FAQ, but was unsure which particular piece of paper it referred to!!  It would have been nice if they used the term Residence Document, which is what the thing is actually called!!  There would be no confusion then, but it appears that confusion is what they are best at. :D

Ok, so that is the S form mentioned on the site does anyone know?

I think the form S is for those that bought residency, having just read through the details, not those who have earned residency by being here for 5 years.  But I could be wrong!

I am sure someone will be along shortly to clarify :-)

Thsnk you Martin.

From looking at the forms I think Martin is right , Form S is for those who have bought permanent residency, Form P is for permanent residency after living here for 5 years, hope this helps :)

georgeingozo wrote:
martinparker wrote:

For the new documents, do we have to take all the proof of income and other forms in, or can we apply with the Residence Documents, for which we have already supplied this proof?

no, you just swap one for the other - all explained in the ministry website FAQ :-)

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … stions.pdf

"If one is an EU national and has already been issued with a registration certificate, all one has to do is to submit the original and copy of the registration certificate together with the
forms. "

Sadly, it seems the dept of Home Affairs does not agree with you.  I asked if I needed to apply again with all my documents or just present my old Residence Document and ID cards and this is the answer I got;

""Dear Mr. Parker,

Further to your request hereunder, and according to the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs, you may wish to note that you need to provide all the necessary documents all over again and submit the applications with 2 passport photos.

Regards,

Nathalie Attard
Customer Care Co-ordinator
Ministry for Home Affairs and National Security
Valletta""

So it appears that despite already going through the process once already, I have to do the whole thing again.

Oh joy!

WHAT???!!!!
Provide it again!! That's unreal...Thay told me to make sure I apply before it goes Biometric to avaiod all this hassle...They never told me this. (there should be an very angry smilies>)

martinparker wrote:

Sadly, it seems the dept of Home Affairs does not agree with you.

Its not me they don't agree with, but themselves, as its their FAQ (unless your old residency certificate has expired)