Temporary Accommodation

I know this topic has been covered many times before but all I can find online is serviced apartments in Juffair. Does anyone know of any serviced apartments/villa's closer to the causeway?  I don't really want to spend more than BD1000 per month for 2+ bedroom for a month or two. Thanks for any help.

Have you checked Bahrain Property World?

Hi Silver356 and welcome to the forum,

When you say temporary how long does that mean?
Serviced flats and hotel flats are indeed more or less located down town Manama, including a lot in Juffair, some in Seef or close to Sanabis.
It will be difficult to find such accommodation close to the causeway and the regular accommodation on a rental basis will be very difficult to find for one or two month. Usually the minimum lease contract is 1 year and you have to negotiate even to get a six month contract.

So unless you are very lucky, I'm afraid that's not good news for you !
Maybe you can try to contact a few agents though they might be helpful.

Cheers

Olivier

Thanks guys for your replies. We are wanting somewhere for a couple of months while we find something permanent but husband is working in Saudi and kids will be at british schools so thought Juffair would be too far away.  Someone suggested Seef Residence so will look into that.

We live on a small compound of 4 villas. The family that have just left one of the villas didn't have a contract as such. It was a monthly rolling contract. 4 bed villa with pool and gym 5 mins from causeway behind saar cinema. Good place to stay and have a good look around 950BD a month all inclusive

Seef is all apartments. Saar is close to causeway and has more villas and gardens so much nicer

Seef Residence is actually a hotel. You can expect to pay around 800BD per month for a 2-bed place. An alternative would be Fraiser Suites, again in Seef, but I hear it's a bit more pricey.

If you are seriously considering Seef, let me know as I live in Seef and I will be happy to answer your questions.

But as Josnuggles said, it is not easy to find a 'villa' in Seef as it's mostly apartments. If you really want a villa, then you can look at Saar.

Thanks Jo and Brightonguy, it sounds like saar is more suitable for family. Jo, if you have any contact details for the landlord or managing agent for the villa you mentioned I would be very greatful if you pm'd them to me.
What's janabiya like? It seems to be cheaper than saar and closer to the causeway but I haven't heard anyone mention it.

Hi Silver356,

Janabiyah is the name of the highway going from Budaiya village to the causeway. It goes along Budaiya, Saar and Janabiyah. You can also look into Hamala, New Hamala and Jasra that are very close to the causeway and have a lot of compounds.
As far as real estate agents are concerned, you can find most of them on that SITE.

Good luck in your house hunt

Cheers

Olivier

If you go to the site Brighton Guy and Oliver mentioned then search within your price range you will find lots of lovely properties. There are some really nice ones at Hamala Beach Resort which are going quite cheaply and you are literally living next to the beach. The properties have gardens too which are very private. For all the properties though you will either have to negotiate really hard to get the place for only 2 months. There are a lot of apartments in Seef going from around 450BD a month. Let us know when you are thinking of coming over and we will do our best to help you more.

hi Silver,
we live in an old but nice compound right on the same block as the British school.
many of the kids here walk to the British school.
its a safe, low traffic area and right next to the causeway.
i guess you should have a look at our place, its called Hamala area.
if you want me to show the villas just PM me.
how old are your kid/s?
Tariq,

Hamala Beach Resort is lovely and you have private access right to the beach.

I just checked their website, it actually looks promising. Jo, I would seriously consider this - it's also not far from the Causeway.

I sent you the link to one of their villas on facebook. Looks lovely and would be ideal for your little Pug doggie.

http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/uk/ … 7032232169

Hamala Beach Resort is a great place to live in, lots of families there with kids, its drawback are:
rooms sizes are a bit smaller than standard.
its located right next to a village famous of riots, its normal to find road blocked there at night by burnt tires.

tariqd wrote:

Hamala Beach Resort is a great place to live in, lots of families there with kids, its drawback are:
rooms sizes are a bit smaller than standard.
its located right next to a village famous of riots, its normal to find road blocked there at night by burnt tires.

You never fail to give fantastic advice on this forum. Thanks for that Tariq. I was totally unaware of this.

Damn im not there until July or that would be mine

Josnuggles wrote:

I sent you the link to one of their villas on facebook. Looks lovely and would be ideal for your little Pug doggie.

http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/uk/ … 7032232169

There are a few there so don't panic just yet lol

thanks again Jo, i have been checking prices and shocked to see 1100BD 2-3 bedroom villa in Saar(on web sites), my good friend is there, she is paying 650BD on a 3 bed compound villa, more like my kinda price, impressive pics, i think i have to wait to get there to check it out, thanks again

Yeah best to do what Silver did and get temporary accommodation and then look around

There are tons of villa's for cheaper than 1000bd and everything is negotiable at the moment.

Try Janabiya - close to causeway, BSB and St Chris and we have just moved into a 4 bed villa with pool (granted not on a compound but very nice all the same and close to the Rugby Club and Dilmun) for not much more than you pay at Hamala Beach!

We have had friends live in Hamala Beach and I agree with Tariq - getting in and out is a nightmare and in my opinion the "villa's" are a bit like holiday chalets - depends on what you are looking for really.

We are looking to move and don't want a compound. We are only looking at private villas.  Compound living is too claustrophobic for me. Love my privacy too much. Prices vary drastically from villa to villa

Can highly reccommend Frasier Suites for temporary accommodation, their rate drops to around 50bd per night for a 2 bedroom apartment for stays or 1 month or more. Very clean and really comfy beds.