Job in the hospitality

Hello,
My name is Iva Pavlova, I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria. My education and professional experience is in the hospitality area. I am interested in finding job opportunities in Martinique in the hotel business or airport service. I would be grateful to know more about the employment situation at the moment there. What are the famoust hotels or hotel chains in Martinique?

Hello Iva Pavlova.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Martinique section. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hallo Iva! My name is Halil Lubani.
Me and my wife are going to live in Guadeloupe for couple of mouth and it will be nice to exchange some info with you. I forgot to tell you that we are also bulgarian from Sofia :) Find me in FB if you want.
Поздрави Халил :)

Hello Iva.

There are no big hotel chains in Martinique. They all left decades ago due to the difficulty with workers unions/strikes.

The French West Indies have a terrible reputation in the hotel industry due to this situation. You can try to find a job here and might find very good situations, but they are very very few. All the hotel chains in the West Indies have gone to other islands. Only small guesthouses/lodges remain which hire little to no staff.

There are of course exceptions to this, and I have not explored all the hotels in Martinique, but that is the general situation.