Advice on living cost in Langkawi

Hi :)
My fiance and me are planning to move to Langkawi this summer, so we would like to hear from other expats who lives there.

And maybe I anyone has some advice on the living cost there? From rent to everyday living.

Thank u :)

Hello langdahl.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to read the other threads on Cost of living in Malaysia. It may help.

If you have more specific questions, do not hesitate to ask them.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everyone,

As I will be starting my job in Langkawi soon I have some questions that I would appreciate some answers or indication to.

I have read that Langkawi is not to great on public transportation, would you reccommend me to rent or buy a car (keep in mind I am still a student) I am willing to pay rent for a car every month as I am provided complimentary accommodation.

Also in my provisional contract it is stated that I have an annual leave of 8 days in the 18 months. Does anybody have any idea what the labor law really states?
I have read somewhere that it is 8 days a year if you have a contract of less then 2 years and on another website it said Workers must get annual leave of at least -

◦21 consecutive days, or
◦1 day for every 17 days worked, or
◦1 hour for every 17 hours worked.

I really hope someone is able to provide me with some information before I sign the actual contract.

Edeline