i want to know how long does takes work visa process after received visa
fees receipt from immigration department in mauritius

Hi confusion and welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please introduce yourself?

Thank you.

confusion wrote:

i want to know how long does takes work visa process after received visa
fees receipt from immigration department in mauritius

What you mean by the above Rahul? 'visa fees receipt from immiigration department' ?

Depending on the type of work permit you applied for, it takes between 1-2 months (Work permits).

Occupation permits are processed in around 10 days - but you should be present in Mauritius to do that. 

Which one have you done?

Normally there are no fees payable to the Immigration. The Work Permit ask for a security WHEN THE WORK PERMIT IS APPROVED.

Can you clarify?

hi nadeem,

Thank you for your response. He told us that aplied work permit. Meantime he is applying first time behalf on company and he clear few issue such as accomadation, health clearance and so on...The Hr telling us wait for another 3 weeks. But the date was keeping move away....Actually how long does takes after submit all supported documents? i will appreciate your kind response.

It really depends on the Ministry. There is no fixed timing. Usually between 1 to 2 months for new applications but he has not satisfied requirements, it might longer.

Dear nadem,

Can you advice me? my employer submitted application for group work visa almost 4 weeks but minister was not present 3 weeks and other member of ministry of lobour the file through away one corner of desk and forgotton it. My employer having meeting with minister concerned & paid visa fees and they assured them that give priority to them for application.

May i know how long does taken for approved the work visa even though they give priority?

Thank you for your kind advice in advance

I'm sorry I can't really advise on timing issues. It really depends on the Ministry. But we can ask at what level the file is actually.

what you mean by level? Because i have no idea of level about mauritius visa

If you can get me a copy of the 'application receipt' I'll find out for you. Or alternatively the name of applicant and the employer...

Send me the details on nadeem(a)gibsonandhills(dot)conpm

Hi confusion,

no one can tell you how long it will take, apart the authorities. It depends on too much parameters.

Just one question, who paid fees ? You or the employer ?

hi,

Employer paid

Hi Julien,

Can you advice me? how long should i wait?

Can anyone advise me urgently about visa.....? My employer was applied for work permit in particular disignation and approved by wpc but again require to switch designation for the same candidate...is it possible switch designation before pay work permit fees or should  reapply the application for the candidate similar procedure.
[Note previous engineer designation  but now supervisor designation]

Hi Anil shestha !

Could you please avoid posting in caps lock?

Thanks
Armand

Hello Armand,

I apologize for writing in the Caps lock.i will not gonna do that mistake again.
I want to take work permit in the Mauriitus, but now i am coming as a student in the Mauritius. Would you please tell me for bring student how many hour can student work per week in the hotel or Restaurant as a chef, and to take a work permit from the student that process we had to do, and if the couple came as a student give the birth to the child will the child can live in the Mauritius and with the child would the parents can also get the permanent residence in Mauritius.

thank you

Hello Anil,
I can only assist you on the the work permit for student. Mauritius Authority gives 20hrs work permit (per week) for international students. This is obtainable after submitting your medical documents showing you are free from; HIV, HEARTH DISEASE and Hepatitis B to the Immigration.

Good luck
From Dave.

What are the requirements for a retirment visa, along with a part time woork visa
Thank you don pauley
Ps I also will bring my scarlet macaw

Retirement permit does not allow for any employment. It is managed by the BOI. You should be at least 50 years of age and able to transfer USD40,000 a year for your expenses.

For the Scarlett Macaw, you need to undertake procedures with the Vet office. Bear in mind that you might need to start very early with this, there are several medical requirements like vaccines and you will need to show pictures of the cage for validation. It took one person around 5 months to bring his bird because of the bird flu issues.
i

I have been in the work permit process since 21 Feb. and I still do not have possession of a work permit. Possibly because my employer is an NGO (and a first-time applicant as well, both for the organisation and for us) we have had to go through much more scrutiny than a regular company. So far, besides the normal review process (interviews with M.O.L., etc.) we had to have letters sent to MACOSS, the NEF (National Empowerment Foundation) and the NGO Trust Fund.

Our case officer was on holiday for one month, however thanks to my employer, he made sure the process moved along by calling every week, and while this has been helpful in tracking the internal mysterious workings of M.O.L. on our application, it still seems like we are quite stuck. The latest is that even though the ministry received letters of approval back from the aforementioned agencies, another letter was sent off the NEF concerning accreditation for our organisation.

I have no idea what to make of it at this point; no matter how much progress we make it seems that something else comes to mind and our application gets delayed another week. In the meantime we are waiting out of country in Kenya at considerable expense until we hear from the govt. It has most definitely NOT been the 1-2 months we were told it should take to get this done. I am just wondering silently if we are just getting run-around for the sake of it, or this is normal, Can anyone give us any insight into what is happening here? :(

Either way, are there any suggestions as to what else can be done? Does my employer need to meet in-person with someone? Should we hire a labour attorney who may know more about these things? I am at wits end about this by now, and pretty discouraged.

This is, unfortunately, almost a typical scenario. The processing time for work permit vary and it is very difficult to judge what is a 'reasonable' delay.

You might want to seek an appointment with the Minister's PS or the Minister himself. This MAY help.

Hello friends,

Could any one tell me if i came as a student and if the owner tell me to take work permit than Am i allow to take the work permit without coming back to my country and can i apply for work permit from Mauritiaus as a student. how long it take to change my visa to be in work permit from student... and is it allow to do small business being student there or not....

waiting

thanks

I know the work permit takes alot of time, the occupation permit is lots easier but i don't know what yardstick determines the type of permit you get, my company is applying for a occupation permit for me in my case, so its BOI and not the ministry.

Hi i am working here from 4 year , my contract ending in April .is it extended or not?

panwar wrote:

Hi i am working here from 4 year , my contract ending in April .is it extended or not?

Your best bet would be your current employer since he/she must be the one who initiated the initial contract.

hi panwar can i get your mail id or mobile no i want to discuss about work permit of Mauritius my mail ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct