Offered SAR 4500/ month in dammam

I'm offered a job in Dammam as Inventory Controller in big firm with monthly salary as 4500 SAR under band 5. Without accommodation, food and transport.

Benefits given to me are:
1) $20,000 self life insurance
2) 1 month leave every year with salary and economy flight tickets for both side.

I want to save money , so anyone can please guide me whether the salary is enough to save money and what will be my monthly accommodation,food and transport expenses if i share room with other people.

And last but not least can anyone tel me what is Band 5.

Thanks,
Shanawaz

Few more information about me i would like add here is

1)i'm working as Support Analyst in Bangalore(INDIA)with amazon.com
2)I only have 3 year 3 month working experience

please suggest me whether the offer is good for me or not.
Thanks,
Shanawaz

Try to apply for a job in Australia. Go to the website Gum Tree, JobSeek.com and Google other recruitment agents in Australia.

That wage is far too low for your position. In Australia you will make an average of $50,000 per year. Best to wait longer in your country for a visa to OZ. Contact your embassy in Canberra, Australia.

It makes me weep to see how low men are paid from your country when employed in Saudi. All professions from your region deserve to be on wages, no less than 10000SAR per month. The world is becoming very expensive and Saudi Employers need to wake up to this fact and stop taking advantage of all you people.

Good luck.

4500 is way too low. I agree with Suzan, better wait and try elsewhere.

Do not take a position in Saudi under any circumstances without accomadation, transport, visas etc.

The wage they are offering is an insult. You will become TRAPPED, on such low wages and will never save. There are many trapped in the Middle-East because they are in a cycle of low wages. Before they know it, their youth has gone, they missed out on watching their children grow up and are old. Don't become one of them.

If you work for amazon.com find a western country to work in.

Pass this message on to everyone you know.

Good luck.

shanarock wrote:

I'm offered a job in Dammam as Inventory Controller in big firm with monthly salary as 4500 SAR under band 5. Without accommodation, food and transport.

Benefits given to me are:
1) $20,000 self life insurance
2) 1 month leave every year with salary and economy flight tickets for both side.

I want to save money , so anyone can please guide me whether the salary is enough to save money and what will be my monthly accommodation,food and transport expenses if i share room with other people.

And last but not least can anyone tel me what is Band 5.

Thanks,
Shanawaz

Dear Shanawaz,

The offer you have received is very low since with that salary you will not be able to save anything. You will spend most of that here on rent, food and other expenses. If you are offered at least 8K -9K for the same role, then you can think about it.

Regards,

thankx guys... more comments plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

please suggest me and guide me please ....

waiting for more and more responses

Read what I suggested and this will guide you.

I would think the chances of your gaining employment in a western country are slim, given the job situation. 

However, that doesn't mean you should take THIS offer, which is indeed very low especially since it doesn't even include housing (and even if it DID include housing, be sure that doesn't mean 8 guys in a 10x12 room with no water and a hot plate)!

I have never said with more conviction to anybody:  DON'T DO IT!

mate how much are you getting in inida now. dont take up this offer if there is no big difference. the salary offered is not that great. if there is any room for negotiations, do that. atleast look for SR 6000 as basic + ticket + all visa related costs + 3 months basic as HRA (tell that you will stay outside) + car. if you can PM me the name of the company and all then i can advice you about the normal salary range they give. is there OT?

Hi azhar_bf,

No there is no OT. My gmail id [email protected] can you ping me there so that i can take your good advice.

Thanks,
Shanawaz

He should not accept this salary without single accomadation, or have a salary of at lease 10,000

The more people start making their own demands the sooner employers will have no choice but to adhere to their demand.

People..stand up for your rights...stand together.
Pass this email around.

Aslm, Mr. Shahnawaz,

This Salary in Saudi is reasonable based on ur experience, if u r having good qualification / higher degree like PG, then this salary is low.
In Dammam, u can get a sharing room with min rent of atleast SR.600, (Co. has to provide housing or sanction some amount like 2 or 3 basic salary per year) food exps depends on u, but normally SR.300-400 (if u cook, it will be again cheaper), Transportation, again depends on the place of work and ur stay (u can take the room nearby ur work to solve this problem).
I don't know what is Band 5.

I can't comment much, as I don't know ur qualification, abilities, suitability to job, situation, etc...

Best of Luck, ALLAH HAFIZ.

Do you want to continue being a biological researcher? When I hear from you, I can answer the rest of your inquiry.

I don't know what band 5 is, But salary seems good for single especially with those benefits.

Salary is very low. Better to stay where you are rite now and look for any other good oppotunity.

i dont understand whts u say
1stly whts the name of of company?
and where is company?
they give 45000 SAR
with out accommodation?