Info on Third Akaria Center & accomodations in the area.

Hello

I posted earlier for information about living in Jizan and it appears things may have changed. The project management consulting company that was recruiting me for a large general contractor has now said that they would like me to come and work directly for them in Riyadh. Their offices are located on Main Olaya Street in the Third Akaria Center.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area?  Is it a good place to work ?  From Google Earth, it looks like it's in the center of town. There appears to be a large number of residential units behind the Akaria Center to the north and east. Are any of these compounds, or are they just apartment complexes? It seems to me that this area would be a good place to live if I am not located in one of the various compounds around the city.

I will be living there by myself, so I would probably be looking for either a studio or one bedroom apartment. If anyone is familiar with this area, maybe they could give me an idea as to what the availability and rates might be.

Thanks

PMUSA wrote:

Hello

I posted earlier for information about living in Jizan and it appears things may have changed. The project management consulting company that was recruiting me for a large general contractor has now said that they would like me to come and work directly for them in Riyadh. Their offices are located on Main Olaya Street in the Third Akaria Center.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area?  Is it a good place to work ?  From Google Earth, it looks like it's in the center of town. There appears to be a large number of residential units behind the Akaria Center to the north and east. Are any of these compounds, or are they just apartment complexes? It seems to me that this area would be a good place to live if I am not located in one of the various compounds around the city.

I will be living there by myself, so I would probably be looking for either a studio or one bedroom apartment. If anyone is familiar with this area, maybe they could give me an idea as to what the availability and rates might be.

Thanks

You are right it was the center of riyad once upon a time before the new malls and everything, still is strategically in terms of connectivity. Any wayz the appartment complex behind is alrajhi compound and starting rates as far as I remember is 80K / year with a long line of waiting list to get in.

I live and work in the area.  The Akaria complex of buildings is about 3 blocks from where I live.  It IS pretty much in the city center.  Olaya is a major street and traffic is horrendous pretty much any time - except maybe at 0200!!

There are restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance.  There are quite a few residential buildings in the area.  I know of 2 compounds in the general area.  One is where I live - Sahara Towers Compound.  It is one of the older compounds but I like it because of its location.  The other one is the Jazeera Compound - which is down the street from Akaria Mall and behind the Jazeera Supermarket.  In my complex, the one BR apartments cost SAR60K a year and the 2 BRs cost SAR70K a year.  The last time I checked with the manager for a friend who was looking for a place, there is a 1.5 year wait.  However, I also know that if you happen to walk in at the right time, you can get a place the same day.

I, personally, like living in the area.  It is very convenient to my office - about a 5-6 block walk.

Good luck, man.  Let me know if you want more info about the area.