Help from a Vietnamese member needed, please.

In some Vietnamese optical shops there are pre-focused, non-prescription eyeglasses. They are economically priced (cheap).

These are intended for older folks for reading. They simply try on different pairs until they can read clearly.

If anyone knows where they are sold, I would appreciate the store name and address.

These will be used for a destructive application (i.e. after they have been used they will be of no use).

Thanks, in anticipation.

P.S. Expensive stores don't carry them, they want the prescription cutting business.

You can come 128 Trương Định District 3, near Bờ Kè

Name of shop: Chi

You can call 0938815812 ( Ms. Chi)

The price:

Type 1: 50000 VNĐ for a pairs of lenses, if you buy from 50 to 100 pairs, you can buy with price is 40000 VNĐ/pairs, or you can buy cheaper if you're a good negotiator :)

Type 2: 80000 VNĐ for a pairs of lenses

If you buy a glass (include lenses and frame), each will be 18000 VNĐ for each set (But you have to buy about 100 glasses, or you can buy lesser with that price if you know how to deal with the seller)

Have a lots of shop along the street named Trương Định. If you don't like that shop above you can go along the street and try some other shops. And remember that the price is same same. Very cheap.

Nhi wrote:

If you buy a glass (include lenses and frame), each will be 18000 VNĐ for each set (But you have to buy about 100 glasses, or you can buy lesser with that price if you know how to deal with the seller)

In this case, the glasses can not be separate frame and lenses, can not change the lenses. (Hope that you understand what I said :P)

Hi Jaitch

You can go to Daiso shop where they sell the eyeglasses you want at a price of 40.000đ/pair (all the things are sold at the same price). See the below link:

http://daisovietnam.com/vn/Aboutus.aspx?pg=2

I usually visit the shop on Nguyen Kiem street and I can never remember the name. I think it is Daiso as there is only one Japanese shop like that. If you are from District 1 or Phu Nhuan District, you will see the shop on the left hand side of Nguyen Kiem st. (near Coop Mart).

Hope you can find the glasses you like.

Tam

@Tam290711
Thanks for your leads, between the both of you I should be able to find the style I need.

Getting old and your eyes are getting dim?

Get contacts.

@WorzelGummidge:
No, Smartpants, it's for a couple of projects I have going.

One is to hold a micro TV camera I have just received - I want to fix it in a hole in the frame. The frames have to b thick, nerd-like glasses.

The second application is for a directable voice communication system that uses infra-red technology. No having to get a radio transmitter licence in VN.

Ha Tien/Phu Quoc is too far to travel to buy these!

Happy fishing/tourist cruising.