Is money in Hungarian banks safe?

Hello every bidy. I am just wondering what are the safest banks to deposit my money. I will deposit big amount and i want my money to b in safe bank and guaranteed by the central bank of hungarian. Any advice wll b appreciated ?

sherif1986 wrote:

Hello every bidy. I am just wondering what are the safest banks to deposit my money. I will deposit big amount and i want my money to b in safe bank and guaranteed by the central bank of hungarian. Any advice wll b appreciated ?

Under EU rules, all deposits (by individuals) are guaranteed up to EUR 100K per person, e.g. joint account EUR 200K.  In Hungary (like many other countries), the central bank does not provide insurance, there's a separate, deposit insurance fund which all banks are obliged to be members of.

Be careful about guarantees per bank and per product. Currently, per product guarantees are not provided, it's only guarantees per bank. So it's best to have different products at different banks, i.e don't put your eggs in one basket which is the best policy anyway. Be careful of foreign owned branches too. These may or may not be covered under such schemes.

Deposit Insurance

Deposits earn little interest these days. Other investments are more likely to earn you decent returns.