Hi I'm applying for a job with my partner as a teacher in bahrain.
I'm obviously terrified but excited at the prospect and want to know:
Is it safe
Where is the best place to live
Is the salary tax free immediately

Is the quality of life better over there

I have lots more to ask but I think that should do do or now :)

Hello there,

To answer your questions, yes it is absolutely safe. Most of the areas in Bahrain are safe to live and people are really friendly. Salary is tax free immediately. I recommend living in Adliya, Juffair, Seef, Amwaj Islands, Reef Island and Saar. These areas are usually chosen by Expats but the area you live will heavily depend on your lifestyle and budget.

I would like to welcome you to the forum, and hope you will find all the answers of all your question. 

I assure you, if you come to Bahrain,

you will love it

regards

statistically speaking, Bahrain is way safer than most of Europe
i have been living here for the past 3 years, no complaints form my side, in fact, i have one: i lost the key to my house's main door for the past one year and never locked my door ever since, never had a sleepless night!

just like the rest of planet earth, incidents could and do happen from time to time.

where to live: this greatly depends on your work location, finances and other factors.

Hi

I really agree with the other comments on here. It would help us to know which school you would be working at. No point us advising you to live in one area and then you have a really long commute every day - not that any journey in Bahrain is long...Just gets congested in certain areas.

Other jobs available are at st Christopher's. Over done a bit of research, but i dont suppose you could you tell me a little about working there?
Thanks again for all your replies

kirstenj9 wrote:

Other jobs available are at st Christopher's. Over done a bit of research, but i dont suppose you could you tell me a little about working there?
Thanks again for all your replies

St Christophers is an amazing school and my son and all our friends children go there.

The teachers all get along amazingly well and are very very respectful of both the children and parents.

Working here is a lot like elsewhere except it's tax free, it's warm, the people are lovely and working in a school you get a lot more leave.

You will have to provide proof of all your exam certificates for your educational results, although one teacher said her degree was enough as it was the highest grade.

You have nothing to worry about - grab the opportunity with both hands.

Thanks so much, this really helps.
Much appreciated :)

No problem, I really wish you all the best and hope it works out well for you.

Let us know how you are getting on and if you plan to move here once you have decided on a school. Again once you have chosen the school we can advise you more on housing, facilities etc