Moving to Norway 2014!!

Hi my name is Cris, my husband and me are from Mexico and weŽd like to move to Norway next 2014, I have a degree in Tourism and my husband is a Computing Engineer. We're 29 and 31 respectively.
Please recommend me something to study (besides my career)that helps me to work in Norway. Somebody told me that I can Teach Spanish in Norway (as a teacher), some others that I can be a yoga teacher...
Please advice me and IŽll apreaciate it!!!
Thank you!

Hi,

Actually the idea of becomming a Yoga teacher is not bad indeed - allthough getting customers/clients might be hard since Yoga in Norway is naturally not as "big" as in many other countries - therefore I don't know if it will be a full-time occupation or not.

You can study for free in Norway, or almost free except a small fee of around 100 euro each semester - since you already have a degree in Tourism I would recommend you go for a 2 year Master degree in a similiar dicipline - there are a couple of English taught master degrees available in Norway.

Getting a job in Norway would be difficult regardless, even if your degree is very exciting, but it's possible it will be easier for your husband since he is in IT. The main obstacle for you will be lack of Norwegian language skills ... and if you do a Master's then in most diciplines it will not make it easier for you as such but I think you should still do it and learn Norwegian alongside your course.

Thank you for your advice!

Crisco: The reason why I said Yoga Teacher is a good idea is because you would be your own boss - so the Norwegian language skills that are usually required will be upto the discetion of your clients/customers - if they think it's fine to have the sessions in English then so be it.

Spanish teacher is another option, but unless you can find a place to work , such as at a school or college, perhaps an international school, it can be a bit hard to make a decent income if you only have private tuition.

You also need to check all those laws & regulations in Norway - it's such a bureaucratic society!

Try to learn some Norwegian...

Thank you again, I"ll see the law about this topic,:-)