Book Club, Drama Group, Walking Buddy ... Who's up for it?

Hi there,

Im moving to Jeddah in the next few days to work as a teacher and will be living in a Saudi Compound. I know things are a little ummm.. boring! Soo, i would really like to get some clubs up and running? Im open to ideas. Reading, Drama and Walking was the first thing that came to mind.

Would anyone be interested in joining me for these? And I suppose is this even possible? Say for instance if it was held in an Expat Compound?

Ideas and suggestions welcome!

Sinéad (F)

are you in Jeddah already? I know of people who will be very much interested in meeting you taking you further with your book club etc

Hi;

Whatever you do in expat compound is acceptable. Parties, walking, tennis, table tennis, book, drama, etc.
Liqours are forbidden !!!!!

If you interested, just for info: there is a group, playing bridge.
Females, males, mix...

Best regards.

Hey, Sinead. If you're into hiking, look for Hash House Harriers, they have an active group here in Jeddah. There's a run every Thursday with a group dedicated for children and casual people.

Count in if u r interested in finding a walking partner

SinéadBrownLONDON wrote:

Hi there,

Im moving to Jeddah in the next few days to work as a teacher and will be living in a Saudi Compound. I know things are a little ummm.. boring! Soo, i would really like to get some clubs up and running? Im open to ideas. Reading, Drama and Walking was the first thing that came to mind.

Would anyone be interested in joining me for these? And I suppose is this even possible? Say for instance if it was held in an Expat Compound?

Ideas and suggestions welcome!

Sinéad (F)

I wish you were in Riyadh. Then we could work together to get a Book Club, a Table-tennis Club and a Walking Club. Good luck and have fun in Jeddah.

I am in Jeddah working as Legal Consultant, I am interested to join Hiking Club please let me know if any body interested.

regards

U can count me in any of the clubs mentioned above

Hi everyone! im interested to join photography club or photo walks if there is any ..plz let me know
Thanks

ahd wrote:

Hi everyone! im interested to join photography club or photo walks if there is any ..plz let me know
Thanks

photo walks would be great...... still looking for a new SLR to use... not to heavy on the budget.... i'd like to take shots of the old jeddah and parts of corniche.

Keen to join walks / photo walks and book club.  Also day or weekend trips around Jeddah.

Hi

I am moving to Jeddah in August and will be teaching at AISJ. I need advice on what I should ship and would love to join one of your groups- walking would be good when I get there.

I will be living in Saudia City also. Where do you work? What is life like? How is your job?

Jen

Jenwags wrote:

Hi

I am moving to Jeddah in August and will be teaching at AISJ. I need advice on what I should ship and would love to join one of your groups- walking would be good when I get there.

I will be living in Saudia City also. Where do you work? What is life like? How is your job?

Jen

Hi Jen! Saudia City is a big compound. Never been there though, but i guess you can say that it is almost open in that compound. And it is safe for you to walk around.

But outside the compound, unless you are accompanied by your trusted friends, I do not suggest that you go out on your own,

i do not even let my wife go to the grocery alone, and we live 20 steps away from a hypermarket.

maybe i'm overprotective, but we'd better be safe than sorry.

about what you should ship? I think everything you need is here,

if you have some personal hypo allergenic body products that you need, better stock up on it....

Welcome to Saudi!!!!

I think it is fine to walk in the street by yourself. I have done it several times and am fine. The only place men can come up to you and try to talk is happening in the malls.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Hi Sinead

I guess you are now settling down in Jeddah.  I have been in Saudi for three months, and am keen on participating in any of the following.  Exploring Jeddah, walking, photography, Red Sea trips, reading etc.

Kind regards
Carol

Its a pleasure to participate in such a group or team that can make a great activities and i cant wait until someone invite me to join in, so we can have some hope in here.

SinanDira wrote:

Hey, Sinead. If you're into hiking, look for Hash House Harriers, they have an active group here in Jeddah. There's a run every Thursday with a group dedicated for children and casual people.

where can i find it :D i love hiking

Yes you can count me in.

BR,

Cami

this is a good idea..since i arrive here at jeddah i was looking to have mates, friends, i am interested to join running and exercise.. cause i always stay in the office i dont want my body to get dull....

Hi ,
Just wondering have you moved into Saudia city by now?
Did you manage to join / start any clubs?

I know this may be off topic but for your book club/reading pleasure I highly suggest reading The Fault in our Stars by John Green, just finished reading and I've really enjoyed it.

LB

Funny/sad that the OP posted 10 months ago, got many people really excited for many months, and then disappeared!

Trapezius wrote:

Funny/sad that the OP posted 10 months ago, got many people really excited for many months, and then disappeared!

Happens all the time, unfortunately.

In order to actually get something started, you need to be able to let people "sign up" for an "activity" by entering a name and a contact in a list. Whenever someone wants to add his/her name, simply copy the list and add you name and contact to it.
Then, once a group is formed, they can contact each other and take it to the next step, which is MEETING UP.
I will start a few lists myself in the next posts. I really hope this works :)

ACTIVITY: SQUASH
NAME        CONTACT

ACTIVITY: BOOK CLUB
NAME       CONTACT

Hi All.
I am a new member.

I am interested to play table tennis or tennis or squash on weekends.

At times, i would also be interested in hiking.

I am a Pakistani male, who is not too young.

hamadni wrote:

I am in Jeddah working as Legal Consultant, I am interested to join Hiking Club please let me know if any body interested.

regards

I am interested in hiking.

I am from Lahore Pakistan.

I think its a great idea, and a way to really experience the city.  I'm up for it

Hi all ,
I am a mum of 2 kids 6.5 and 4 years old .. Im looking for a drama classes and gymnastic .. Any after school clubs or weekends club??

Waiting for ur reply

Hi am wondering at Jeddah I found a salsa classes lesson ,I need a female partner .. Anyone would like to join can contact me

I know this thread is quite old but I was searching for a book club in Jeddah and came across this: meetup.com/Jeddah-Book-Club/ For those who might be interested.