Relocating to Mombasa-Kenya

Hi

I am planning to relocate to Mombasa-Kenya on a new opportunity that I received. I will be moving in with my family , which includes my wife & a month old baby. I have few concerns which require expert advises.

First of all, is it really safe to bring my family to Mombasa? Do we really have a social life there? Mine is a long term assignment.

Is it safe to relocate with an infant to Mombasa? Is the place infectious to diseases .

What kind of vaccination will be required for a 1 month old infant prior & post travel?

Do we have enough-quality medical facilities available in Mombasa for an infant?

Is it safe to go around places with family ?.

Which are the preferred location to stay on lease basis ( expecting good residential & Calm location).

Please let me have some good advises..

Thanks.

Hello asparagus_dd.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll get some feedbacks soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

security, social live and all your other questions are not my core competence;(degustibus non disputandum est)

here the vaccination calender as per WHO
6 weeks: Polio,DPT,Hib,Hepatitis B; PVC
10weeks: Polio,DPT,Hib,PVC
14weeks: Flu,Hepatitis B
7 months:Flu
9 months:Measles,Yelow Fever
12months:Chicken pox,Hepatitis A
15months:Measles,Mumps,Rubella MMR
18months:Booster DPT/Hib,Polio,Hepatitis A
24months:TyphimVi Pneumo23

all this Vac's are available at Mombasa Hospital and administered by professional Nurses.

regards
papakilo_alfa (since 2007 with family 4 children im MSA)

Hi,
writting from mombasa,
you should not worry about security here,people walk throughout the night my friend.
mombasa is a resort city where people are always in partying mood.

there is world reknowed hospitals here-including the agakhan and mombasa hospital.these are privately owned hospitals and have all latest equiptments.

come and enjoy your stay here.

regards.
marembo

hi asparagus
it is very much safe to live in mombasa, like someone posted its a party city especially mtwapa town. there are many other expatriates who live in mombasa and even decided to stay here permanently. nothing to worry about the social life, you will love it, so many clubs on the north coast (mombasa north) many places to visit, it's just awesome!!!

you will get information about your baby's vaccinations in a hospital, among the best is Agakhan hospital and Mombasa hospital. they have state of the art medical equipment so nothing to worry about there.

yes it is safe to move around with family but you've got to hire a vehicle or use taxi service. but in your case, car hire is the best because you have a small baby. there are legitimate car hire companies in mombasa.

do you want an apartment or cottage or rent a house? all the above choices are available with perfect locations depending on your choice and pocket.

There's also personal shopper service which i operate where I help expats to shop when they cant do it themselves for whatever reason for a small fee.

I hope I have been helpful :-)
goodluck!