Hello Help on abuja

Hi Soon I'll go to work I'm Mexican abuja

I ask for your help to know that I have to take up for my stay in abuja
If I need vaccinations or things like that.
If a city is safe or precautions should be taken?

I hope to help me and I opened a little view of the city of Abuja
I appreciate your help

Hello cheffruben1984.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Aurélie

Ruben, first of all, in order to get a Nigerian visa, you need a Yellow Fever vaccine. Once you get it, an issuing hospital/clinic gives you a yellow card (passport size). Immigration people will porbably ask for it upon your arrival to Nigeria. Other than that, I would suggest tetanus.

Malaria: Prophylaxis with Lariam (mefloquine), Malarone (atovaquone/proguanil), or doxycycline is recommended for all areas that is if you are staying around a month, if you are staying more just rub mosquito repellant at night.

Vaccinations:
Hepatitis A
Recommended for all travelers

Typhoid

Yellow fever
Recommended for all travelers. Required for travelers arriving from a yellow-fever-infected area in Africa or the Americas.

Meningococcus

Polio
One-time booster recommended for any adult traveler who completed the childhood series but never had polio vaccine as an adult

Hepatitis B

Rabies
For travelers spending a lot of time outdoors, or at high risk for animal bites, or involved in any activities that might bring them into direct contact with bats

Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
Two doses recommended for all travelers born after 1956, if not previously given

Tetanus-diphtheria
Revaccination recommended every 10 years

mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/africa/nigeria.php

Back home they recommended us to take cholera and typhoid but you can just be careful with what u eat and drink.

Just a small correction. Yellow Fever vaccination is MANDATORY in order for Nigerian Immigration to let you into the country. You should have your "yellow book" (vaccination card/book) with you on your arrival to Nigeria.