Biggest worry: Schools for my daughter

Hi, I have been doing a lot of reading on "living in ecuador" and how everything is so affordable beyond belief.  I have been "dreaming" on how life would be.  There is a lot at stake considering the huge change in lifestyle, etc.  My biggest concern is the school system in Ecuador.  I haven't found much info on that maybe because a lot of people retire to Ecuador and do not necessarily have school aged children (is my guess).  Anyhow, my father lives in the outskirts of Guayaquil.  I am planning a 10 day trip in July 2010.  I hope to open my husband's eyes to how beautiful Ecuador truly is.  Anyways, any information given would be greatly appreciated.  Also, it seems the job market is not that great.  i have thought that maybe an online business would be good.  Not sure!

in my research, i typed, 'schools in ecuador' and 'american schools in ecuador' into my google search engine and in a blink of an eye i was faced with a tidy list to continue my research. i love the internet. it makes me seem and feel smarter than i am!!
i would love to hear from you on any info you weed thru.
good luck and maybe our children will be in school together when my family makes the move!
cecelia

In Quito the best grammar/high school is the Academia de Cotopaxi.  This is where all the American diplomats and millionaires send their kids, and they only teach in English.  I don't know about Guayaquil, so I can't make a recommendation for there but there are excellent schools all over Ecuador in different price ranges, you just need to ask around.  Good luck.
www.flavorsofecuador.com