Compulsory schools in Uppsala for non-Swedish speakers

Have any of you had experience with the Swedish compulsory schools in Uppsala?  My family anticipates moving to Uppsala this summer.  My boys will be 9 and 11 but do not speak any Swedish.  I'd like for them to learn some Swedish, but I don't want them to be miserable for 6 months either.  Curious as to any experience any of you might have with either Engelska Skolan or Kvarngärdesskolan (a bilingual school in Uppsala)?  Any input would be appreciated.

Hello NMTobins.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Aurélie

Aurélie, merci pour la bienvenue!

I'm hoping someone out there has had experience with the Uppsala schools as we are trying to decide if we will live in Uppsala or if we will need to go to Stockholm to better meet the needs of my boys.  Not many people out there posting though!!!

Sandy

Hi, we are planning also to move from italy to Sweden. my husband is swedish but our children 6 and 10 years old and I do not talk any swedish. My husband is finding out the best school for their needs in Uppsala. I know that you can contact uppsala commun  and they will help you for the best choice . Uppsala is small international town that according to me fit better for introducing the kids in a new country.
Lets keep in contact

Mariselena