Studying/working in Malta

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I've already been looking into moving to Malta. Right now I live in the Netherlands but want to start in Malta in october 2013. So if all goes well, I will want to be in Malta at the beginning of September, so I can look around.

I have a few questions and I hope you guys will help me. People from other EU countries that have already made this move will be much appreciated (other people too as well :D)

1. How long the application procedure take? I want to apply but I still can't, because it isn't open yet.

2. I receive enough financial from my home country (i can take this to Malta), but I would like to work part-time. I read this isn't possible if your a first year. Then I read that it is possible, as long as you are a EU national. So which is it??

3. Any recommendations for private healthcare? I never go to the doctor in my country, but still pay for it. Do you guys know any private healthcare companies that don't charge too much?

4. What is the first thing I should do when I land? Residency permit, ID Card or arrange healthcare??

I hope you guys can help me with these questions!

Much love,

Candi

Hi Candi!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

having healthcare cover is one of the initial requirements to apply for residency

Thx so much!

@Toonarmy, I saw on your profile that you are from England and now live in Malta. How was your experience moving from England and Malta and the residency procedure??