If you had the choice to fulfill your dream???

My wife & I are retired and our dream is to have a place with white sand just outside the home. We enjoy listening to the surf when in bed. Gotta hear the sound of the waves from the house/ bedroom. We were looking into Northern New Zealand, Tonga, New Caledonia, Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu. We were wondering which of the Island Nations would have cheapest property prices along with a good standard of living. We know that there are pros & cons with all the different places. With what you know about the South Pacific, if you had your choice, which one would you pick to retire??? And why???  All input is appreciated.

Hi  BBQ24/7!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hello Armand.

Since posting our question, my wife and I feel like it is coming down to Fiji or Tonga. We will look to rent at first. Taking our time to learn the does & don'ts. We both enjoy cooking and baking and I was wondering about being able to purchase A meat grinder to grind pork & beef??? A mixer, smoker??? We make our own Italian sausage, English muffins, cheese cake and just about everything. If mozzarella is not available, we can make it if milk & renet is available. We do need spices so we can make our BBQ ribs, pulled pork & chicken. I can see a package once a month or so from friends who would acquire some spices possibly not available locally. Is that practical or cost prohibitive??? It looks like the power is 240 like Oz. & Nz. So bringing our equipment would not be feasible.
Can you get pork ribs custom cut locally so we can make a U.S. type BBQ rib??? I mean cut with a saw, not a meat clever. Is that possible??? We are planning a trip sometime in April. A couple weeks in both places. My e-mail address is [email protected] if someone could help us with "how it really is" to live there.
Thanks .

God Bless.

Hello BBQ24/7.

Maybe you could post a message on both the Fiji and Tonga forums. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie