Indian in Norway

My name is Rajesh, I am an computer technician in New Delhi. I would like to move to Norway soon.
Do you have any information on the integration of an Indian in Norway? Will it be easy for me to move there permanently?
Have a nice day :rolleyes:

Hi Rajesh,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on the Norway English speaking forum.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hello,

There are many Indians in Norway, and they seem to manage. I don't know how easy they find it to integrate with Norwegians though. I know that many foreigners find this difficult. This is perhaps even more true for immigrants from a non-western background. Needless to say, speaking Norwegian helps.

Good luck.

Gabriel: I dont know what you mean by "Integration", but there must be around 8000 or 9000 Indians in Norway by now, and in the past most of them were Sikhs. They were a close-knit community, had a sikh temple etc and the oldest members must have come back in the early 1970s so they all speak Norwegian.

Some of the more recent arrivals include IT professionals from Southern India.

I supose the interaction between Norwegians and Indians depend on several factors such as where they work, where they live etc - most likely the new arrived IT professionals or students are likely to do their best to find friends from Norway and other countries whereas those who have their whole family in Norway might think otherwise. Finally successfull integration also depends on Norwegian initiatives since it takes two to tango...

And to answer your other question - yes unfortunately it will be difficult for you to go to Norway.