Close

indonesian just move to London looking for a job

miawmeaw :

thanks for your opinion :)
I'm wearing a headscarf but it is not like those conservative muslim people wear.
I've been to UK this March, and saw a lot of muslim girl in London who wear headscarf.
anyway. I know it's not that easy to find a job there and ask for sponsorship for working visa, but will it be easier if I have a visa for a spouse and apply job there?

The visa will be hard work.
Too many unemployed people in the UK.
As has been mentioned, an Indonesian degee probably won't be accepted by many UK employers.
How about your TEFL score?

Hi,
I'm moving to UK next year to join my fiancee/future husband. Surely I'll look for a job there. Do I need to put my visa status on my CV? Maybe just to increase my chance of getting hired? And what is the name of FB group for Indonesian community in London?
Many thanks.

If you are legally entitled to work in the UK, I'd strongly advise mentioning this on your application letter or CV, perhaps with a photocopy of your visa/passport page to prove it.

Employers can get into serious trouble if they hire illegal workers, so that's essential information.

Many outside EU may have a dream working in UK but little do they realise their biggest obstacle is work permit. Anyone who hires illegal worker will be fined upto 20000 pounds (per illegal staff) and might be put in jail too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … ounce.html

Moderated by Priscilla 3 weeks ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

You didn't just move to the UK, you lied to our border officers that you were here for tourism and were given 90 days in our country. You are not a resident here and you will not find illegal work. Please return to your home country and consider running an online business if the economic prospects are bad

420weblazeit :

You didn't just move to the UK, you lied to our border officers that you were here for tourism and were given 90 days in our country. You are not a resident here and you will not find illegal work. Please return to your home country and consider running an online business if the economic prospects are bad

Depends who you're taking about but that doesn't apply to the OP who entered legally.

Fred :

Depends who you're taking about but that doesn't apply to the OP who entered legally.

At the border, you are asked what the purpose of your entry is. If you declare that you are a tourist, when your intention is to look for work, this is illegal

Edit: Indonesians need visas to visit the UK even for the purposes of tourism. He lied at the embassy. He knew what he was in for.

420weblazeit :
Fred :

At the border, you are asked what the purpose of your entry is. If you declare that you are a tourist, when your intention is to look for work, this is illegal

I'm trying to work out who you mean.
Perhaps you could identify the poster and post number you're talking about.

I've looked at the thread but I didn't notice any posts that declared any illegal activity but I'm tired so I could have missed it.

Fred, I presume Mohammad here is the Indonesian who came to the UK (if he doesn't already have work, how else would he enter the UK?) and so this is a response indirectly to all Indonesians in the UK who live in the UK without a job

420weblazeit :

Fred, I presume Mohammad here is the Indonesian who came to the UK (if he doesn't already have work, how else would he enter the UK?) and so this is a response indirectly to all Indonesians in the UK who live in the UK without a job

NO posters on this thread have suggested any illegal activity of any sort.
One post was moderated as it was in Indonesian, not because it involved illegal activity.

Many Indonesians without work can apply to live in the UK and later work legally so there's no suggestion any poster on this thread is doing anything illegal.
Some are in the UK for education, others for artistic reasons (met several this morning at a UK government run event) and a lot because of marriage, all the above being able to work legally at least part time.

You're assuming he is illegal but assumption commonly leads to errors, as it could well in this case.
You're an educated chap but education is rather useless without opening your mind to possibilities.
I think it was Forbes who suggested education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.

just inform me about agency to london and how to find a easy job there

Mba Yeni apa khabar?
Sy Eka mba. Sy br bc pengalaman mba cr kerja d Inggris.
Sy jg mau kerja d sana mba. Tp k bentur visa kerja.
Gmn caranya y mba. Mohon saran dr mba Yeni. Terima kasih.

Expatriate health insurance in London

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in London

Moving to London

Find tips from professionals about moving to London

Travel insurance in London

Enjoy stress-free travel to London