Is indian food available in jeddah??

assalamualaikum

i'll be moving to jeddah on 29th januray 2013. im worried about the food and transportation. can anyone help me with this

1) is indian food available in jeddah ( i heard many indian restaurants there i even searched it on google)but my question is how healthy the food is??

2) is there any cook service in jeddah.( like dabba wala or any cook who can come to my house and cook food on daily basis)

3) how to get familiar with road directions (routes)

4)how good is accomodation facilities, can i stay in male hostels or sharing room(Are room clean and free from bedbug's(khatmal)??

plz help me guys

There are several indian places here in jeddah
about the food services you can try Diet Center or anything familiar they deliver you food on daily bases and the food itself shall suit your desired diet like meals on wheels in USA :)
about the roads i've been in Jeddah for many years and i still don't know the routes it is because my driving skill aren't that great it differs from one person to another :)  in general the roads aren't hard
about the places you can't stay in i have no idea :)

Trust me you are not moving to a place where there are lack of Indians and good Indian restaurants. Now as to food being healthy - if you are so concerned then you might need to cook it for yourself.

You will find people to come and help you out with cooking and cleaning- of course for a charge.

To familiarize with roads in Jeddah, you will need to travel around, understand the main routes or highways and then lanes that connect you to it from each exits / districts.

You will find different type of accommodations suiting your budget , as to bedbugs you will find them too based on the accommodation you choose.

Some of the best Indian resturants in Saudi are in Jeddah. We are taken by locals where the decor is not great, yet the food surpasses all expectations.

There are tons of good Indian/Pakistani restaurants here in Jeddah ranging from SR5-150 per pax, my personal favorite is Shezan( all my Indian friends keep telling me that it's not a real Indian food and that its catering for Arabic taste…. Don't care…. ME LIKE).

On top of the lest for good indian food comes La Sani, Mumtaz, Sahara, salt and pepper and Marhaba and Lahore Garden for Pakistani food.

For  food with atmosphere ; Shahrazad (Pakistani) Madina road north of Sari Street, Seasons in Mushrefa (one of Jeddah kept secrets )and Taj Mahal Palace in Khaldia.

Best option is getting friendly with an Indian guy who his mother in law cooks an ammmmazing Indian food and keep dropping by for a visit …. Al Salam Alykom..missing you Bro…. really its lunch time !!..ok I will stay since you insisted

If we are talking about restaurants in general, one thing that  Jeddah is not lacking is good places to eat out …long list of great national, ME and international restaurants to choose from with wide range of menus and budgets.

One may argue that we don't have any Michelin Stars Restaurant/chefs in Jeddah (that I know of), but you don't need a Michelin Star chef to cook you a great Mandy or Kabbsa, a Yamani cook will do just fine.

raheel ali wrote:

There is this restaurant called "ASEIL" next to Saudia City Compound. This is where all the french restaurants are.  They (AL ASEIL) have a unique menu and it has a nice little story on first page that tells how the guy went all around Saudi Arabia and tasted different foods, learnt it and now you get all the taste in one place.

Yes, the place is called Courtyard City. Aseil is a really nice authentic Saudi restaurant. I don't think I have had good originally-Saudi food before!

I bet you are really missing the haggis, lol.

And the fried Scottish breakfasts! :)

walukom alslam,

Indian food is very wild in the hole world. Due to the high population of Indian who lives in Jeddah, you will find a lot of Indian restaurants. In general, the average taste of the food is 7.5/10 but you will find 10/10 and also below 5. Therefore, no needs for worry about Indian food.

Also, clean, tasty and healthy food is always provided in the city.

On the other hand, transportation is easy to memories as long as you drive either transported by the public transportation "Taxi cab".Depends on how you memories it besides a little time.

Moreover, there are many places provide a cooker that can cook for you as well as a house nani who can receive a monthly salary charge for house cleaning and food cook, but I'm sorry I'm unable to help you with that because I don't really know any source for it.

good luck and have wonderful trip.

Peace!