Advice needed

I am looking to migrate to Ethiopia. I need help with housing, job preferably teaching English at high school or lower. I need information about schools as I will be treveling with my soon to be 4 year old daughter...

All the information I can get will be so helpful and much appreciated.

Hello clrobotham,

Housing in Addis is available according to your payment plan. On average, it may range from USD 150 (government condos) to USD 2,000 (private villas), per month. A decent housing is possible with upwards from USD 400  per month.

English teaching jobs, especially for natives, are not hard to find. But pay varies from USD 500 to USD 2,000. However, you can make ends meet working more than one job (teaching adults coversational English, writing and editing jobs, etc). the cost of in-house baby sitting maid is as cheap as USD 30 per month. But you need to find someone responsible via friends and connections.

Schools of all types, ranging from high end international community schools to local ones, are available in Addis. School fee, on avarage, ranges from USD 50 to USD 1,000 per term.

I am a white female engaged to an Ethiopian man, who is possibly be deported back home.  Hopefully someone out there can answer some of my questions.  Will we be excepted, will my two boys have a hard time?  Will I be able to find a job or a place to stay for our family?  How are the schools for my boys, their ages are 13 & 11?

Closed