Soon-to-be HK Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm originally from the UK, currently living in South Korea, and will be moving to Hong Kong in the summer. Just wanted to say hi!

Vic x

Hi Vic !

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Hi Vicky.

You picked a great time to come.  Summers are hot, humid and sticky.  I guess you're used to that from Korea.

Thanks Armand.

Hi Hayley. Oh, yes - I'm used to that! How are the winters there?

Winters are warm & dry - if you consider 75% humidity dry.  It's dry for Hong Kong.  Most of the locals wear big coats in winter, but it barely gets below 60F.  To me, cold is 0.  Summer is the rainy season, but it can and will rain any time.

Hi Vic,

Welcome to HK!

Thanks Hailey! After the unforgivable winter here anything above 0 is sunbathing weather to me!

Hi Kelly! I'm not there yet, but thank you!

@Kellyec -> A small introduction would be great! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

I want to move to Hong Kong. I am new to this blog. Hi to every one.

Hi Angela!

Hey Angela!

Beaches in Hong Kong are pretty much deserted from October to March - and it's not too cold to go at all.  Almost every beach can be your own private beach during winter.

Hi i want to say hi too i want a friend in hk visiting there this summer and have no friends

My skype name is nenayau

Hi Nenayau!

Hello there from los angeles california!

Nenayau wrote:

Hello there from los angeles california!

That explains the picture.

No need to be rude

Why would you think my comment is rude?

Ok if that was not ur intention to be rude then my mistake i took it the wrong way

There are a lot of misunderstandings around here.  They're usually from language barriers, which makes this one funny since we're from the same country.

Nenayau I'll be waiting for u in HK cos I can't stand to know a traveller wishing to know a local but found no way.  Here I am offering myself (except my organs, so to speak LOL) at your service :)

Hi Sticky Vicky.
Where're you going to stay in Hongkong ?

Hello everyone,

I am also a newbie as of yesterday! :)

Hey guys, change of plan: I won't be moving to Hong Kong. Decided to stay a bit closer to the UK. Good luck to all the HK newbies, though!