Please need advice very urgent...

Asalam Alaikum,

How is every one? My name is Ahmed Siddiqui. I'm a 28 year old from Karachi, Pakistan. I have been working here in Saudi Arabia for the past 4 years. I want to share my problem with you guys and PLEASE I need some good advice. My Iqama has expired for about 2 years now my Wakil is very uncooperative and I have no idea who and where my Qafeel is. My renewal was delayed because the "uncle" who was acting as a agent between me and my Wakil ran away with the money I gave him for renewal of my iqama. I again arranged the money and went to my wakil but his attitude was completely different from before he told me he will not renew my iqama. He only gave me one choice that I will have to go back to Pakistan, he will provide me with a new visa. I can come back and work any where I want he will completely cooperate with me but I will have to pay him 1500 riyal a month and I'll have to take care of all the expenses for this whole process. Now this was impossible for me to accept because I didn't had that amount of money with me nor did I I made enough to pay him 1500 riyal a month. now you already know my iqama has expired but recently I learned that my wakil has declared me a run away and have put horoob on me. I belong to a poor family I paid a lot for this visa I'm the only son of my parents and everyone knows the situation in Pakistan specially in Karachi no jobs no business just deaths everyday. I don't want to go back can anyone please tell me is there any hope for me that I can get my iqama renewed and transferred to a company who's been asking me to get transferred to there sponsorship.

And Please tell me how much this whole process is gonna cost me?
Someone told me to go to Maktab al Amal for help. Should I go there?

Sorry for the long post.

Ahmed Siddiqui.
[email protected]

Dear Ahmed,

Sorry to hear about your situation. This is all too familiar.

In any case there are couple of options for you.

1. Take the visa from your Wakil now and go and come back and keep working here, you might find a job and might be able to pay him what he needs : The disadvantage is that from his previous dealings with you I am not sure if he is "reliable".

2. Buy a new visa on your own and come back onit - still the same or similar fees for the Kafil will apply. But costly option.

3. Go to Labor Office: but what they will do is deport you since you are reported as runaway.

4. Feasible and work around solution : Find a job with a company that can hire you / transfer your iqama and  move to them before you end up in deeper troubles.

Good luck to you.

Asalam Alaikum,

Thank you for the reply HRguru. Well the company I was working with previously is asking me to join them back and they are even asking to transfer sponsorship to them.

I like your 4th option, and that is what I'm trying to do but is it possible for me?

Thanks again.

Of course, it IS possible.

A very close friend of mine was in a situation similar to you (I'd say rather worse). His best bet was to put his cards on the new company's table saying "You guys have to support me in my sponsorship transfer". He got through the situation. I wish you the same.

I would agree with TheLegendLeads here. The 4th option that I gave and what you want is the same as what he said. Find and ask a new company to support you in this.

Poor guy :(

I hope it will all work out in the end. What a horrible situation to be stuck in, I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice, i've only been here a month or so, but you have my sympathy :(