Melaka

Any expats living in Melaka, that can recommend areas to live in, and areas not to live in, any recommendations on real estate agents, and where to buy a car. Moving there the end of January.
We are Australian, but have been living in Mexico for the last 3 years.
Thanks

[Moderated: Communicate by PM pls]
I think it would be ideal to stay near where your work would be.

I am from Melaka and would be glad to help with any questions or doubts you might have.

Ask any questions you might have.

On which area in Melaka to live, there are no particular area in Melaka that is bad. All depends on what kind of surrounding you looking for. Let me know more about your expectation.

Asture, I have sent you a PM,
Thanks for the info

My husband and I are also thinking of retiring throught the MM2H Program to Malaysia. We're also looking at Melaka and would really appreciate your feedback as an expat moving to the area.Very interested in information concerning areas as it's very confusing when I look at real estate. We're planning on renting as it would give us more flexability. Any input greatly appreciated.

if you looking at mm2h, dont waste your money by going through an agent,,you can apply directly ,,its very easy

caesar1956 wrote:

if you looking at mm2h, dont waste your money by going through an agent,,you can apply directly ,,its very easy

We are living in Saudi Arabia unfortunately so I think it would be difficult for us to complete this application. We've only been in Malaysia for a 9 to 14 day and I would think this would be difficult to do from a distance?

i had friends,,who couriered their documents from abu dhabi,and got it approved
all you have to do is follow the procedures on the mm2h site,,,
and its easy,,,it would be a pleasure to help you out,,rather than spend about 2000-3000 usd
just email me,,,***
really its easy,,,

Unfortunately, here in Saudi the couriere system isn't very trustable.
Can you tell me how you like living in Melaka? I haven't seen very much on blogs from people actually living in Melaka. As an expat from ?? are there many expats in Melaka? I'm just wondering how easy it will be to meet people as it is our intention to be retired there.
Can you recommend any web sites for real estate sale/rentals or agents.
Thanks

i live in kl, in bangsar, not melaka
i dont think you should face any problem with dhl
i am an expat from india, i used to live in abu dhabi before i moved here
i would also suggest you look around places to stay before you decide if you want to buy or rent a place
buying direct from the developer is usually cheaper than going through an agent

hello,

Have you found the information you wanted? I think Melaka is very good place to retire and you can find everything you need as information online even if you want to know the price of cup of tea
in Mamak restaurants.

If you need friends we are here and welcome to Melaka.

regards
Egeh

My family is also  planning to move to Melaka, we r currently in Dubai. I would like to know is the city good for family (law and order wise) and is there any good international school for the kids??? And how easy is the immigration process for MM2H?? And is it good to buy your own property over there??

hi
i was in abu dhabi before i moved to kl on the mm2h visa status
all i can say is,, if you planning to move on mm2h, dont use an agent to process your mm2h papers, i can guide you how to do it free, costing much much less saving tons of money and its easy, if you know how and where to go to get things done

yes its good to buy your own property but you do need to look around before you put your money down, you need to look around ie security, schools, markets, neighbours,, so many to mention
email me ***
regards
caesar

Hi astuce78,
I sent you a pm

Welcome to Melaka