Birth certificate

Hello to all foreign moms who gave birth in Jordan. I have a question in regards to registering a newborn. I'm sure birth certificates are issued at the hospital right after birth. And if one parent is jordanian n other foreign.. Which rule is applied in naming a child, jordanian system ? which includes child's first name n rest of baby's name are parent, grandparent, last family name ( for family book purpose). We prefer our choice of name for child n not the system used here, tho is this going to be an issue when processing birth certificate at hospital?

Thank you

When the father is an jordanian then the child get the nationality and his name, no matter where the child was born.
But I think that the ministery of internal affairs or the office where you have to register your child can give you more info then I can.

By the way: mabrook!!!
When you get your baby and how you an your baby doning?

Hi primadonna,

Thank you for your response. We will keep our babys last name same as my husbands. I will definitely research more from the information you provided. However, according to US embassy I am able to name baby as I wish along eith fathers last name only.
I'm expecting a girl n don't want her to have male names besides first female name. It confused me even when i came here six months ago, they sort of registered my name different. Not how my US drivers license has it:-/ I don't understand the system here. Why do even females have to have all male names. I just wanna keep it simple by giving her a first , middle (female names) n her daddy's last name.

Btw, I'm almost 30 weeks n due late march n were doing great ;) just starting to get some expected aches n pain n wobbling around like a duck lol.

Yes, I know what you mean: when I register myself here I and my kids, I get the  name of my father and grandfather too and my kids the name of their father and grandfathter, it is so different then in our passports.
Your ambassy is right but you have to keep in mind that the Jordanian law is different: she will get after her first (or second) name the name of her father and grandfather from your husband side. You can't change that.
For the US she get the names according to the US law.

That's why you have to travel always with two passports: when you want to leave and enter Jordan, you have to use the Jordanian passport, and when you enter or leave your country or an other one, use your US passport.
There are some cases where it is better to use the Jordanian one.