EOI selected !! What next ?

HI,

Thanks for the update on my previous post.

Now, I have some more questions to get clarified myself.
I am the main applicant and I make use of my wife's qualification to get points in EOI. Though, I need her qualification get assessed by NZQA(New zealand qualification authority) in pre-assessment to justify point claim, does it also required her qualification should get assessed for Full assessment (International qualification assessment) after EOI. My understanding is, Once I invited for VISA , I need to go with FUll assessment and not my wife, since she is not main applicant.

Can you clarify me ? Also after selection of EOI, how many days does immigration people take to give go ahead for VISA filing ?

Please help me.

BR,
Pushparaj

hi Pushparaj,

Once you'll get ITA (invitation to apply) u need to go for full qualification assessment of ur and ur wife's qualification as u r claiming points for her qualification too.

regards,

Parus

Thanks Parus,

Seems still i running with some doubts/questions.

1)In Pre-assessment of qualification , do they ask soft copy of evidence to send over to their mail box or we need to courier/post the hard copies. How long it takes to get the rating on pre-assessment ? Do they contact me if they need some details ,If any changes has to be done on  pre-assessment ? can we do after payment paid.

2)How Full assessment makes difference from Pre assessment ? I am giving detail of both my education and work experience here in pre assessment, does it repeat in Full assessment ?

Overall how long it takes to get the VISA ? any idea.

Please help me.

Hi Pushparaj,

I can understand ur situation :) as i went through all this situation.

1) You need to courier ur qualification related documents but only copies certified by notary public i guess and not the original ones. They will reply you with 15-20 days and i think at this stage they dont need much documentation. if you have submitted required documents that would be enough for result.

2) In full assessment they'll ask you to provide ur original degrees and certificates along with score/mark sheets, your syllabus/ course outlines for 4 year graduation program, ur work experience related documnets and lots more. This step is really not easy as they need too many documents and all original ones. and they can also verify things from ur educational institutions and sometimes the result of pre-assessment and full assessment may differ :( so keep your fingers crossed i hope u'll easily through this process.

Regards,

Parus

Thanks Parus.

In full assessment, do we need to courier Original documents or just send the scanned documents, This is pretty surprising,if they ask to courier original docs !  There is chance to lose our documents in transit or some where.

Its pretty risky

BR,
Pushparaj

hi Pushparaj,

yes it sounds risky that you have to send all your original documents but we have got our documents back safely and we have used Fedex for this purpose. And NZQA is a responsible organization they handle documents carefully :) so dont worry as im sharing my personal experience that hopefully nothing will happen wrong. just keep certified copies with urself as during that NZQA assessment u need any of the document for any other purpose than u must have atleast copies for ur record.

Regards,

Parus

Thanks Parus,

Most of the doubts are clear now ! :)

How long it takes for VISA stamping after positive full assessment ? Even i read one information in NZQA that, rating can differ from Pre-assessment to Full assessment , How can it happen ? This is due to responsible body not willing to reply to NZQA during the process ? like our college, university or my current/ex companies.

However, my biggest concern is on my EOI, where I assumed my qualification in Exception list, but not really excepted. Not sure how immigration people reply on this ? Even i called their number and told them to give chance to update the EOI content, but they said , they will respond in reasonable time, hope my EOI wont get denied after it selected in the pool. I told them I applied for Pre- assessment. Not sure , how things will go on !

BR,
Pushparaj

hi Pushparaj :)

well after qualification assessment you would be required to attach that result with ur ITA application (skilled migration application) to immigration department. After that they'll assign a case officer to your application which will assess your case and will reply you in a year or so. and before that u would be also required for medical assessment (both u nd ur wife)which is essential part for immigration application.  Regarding nzqa result if anything u have claimed points for and could not be verified by them they can change result accordingly.

your EOI case is tricky so im unable to reply on that coz i really dont know what will they ask. well after pre-assessment u can submit EOI again if 1st one is rejected just in case.

Regards,

Parus

Hi Parus,

Thanks a lot.

Though, EOI selected , not sure my happiness stands forever as my qualification has to be assessed my NZQA.

I have submitted my qualification assessment to NZQA on 11th Jan along with my wife and till now I didn't hear anything from them nor anything told me to submit any documentation to support.

Do I missing something, or it's a standard process by NZQA

QRS Application 25xxxx-1 for Pushparaj Naik
Pre-assessment Result Application
Qualification    Bachelor of Engineering
Date submitted    11 January 2013
Submitted by     Pushparaj Naik
Progress     > Allocation   > Evaluation   > Quality Checking > Result Report
Current step started on    14 January 2013

Dear All,

I want to know a question regarding EOI, it is necessary in EOI that principal applicant must assessed the qualification of the spouse from NZQA

Hi,

If you are claiming points for your partner, you should assess their qualification too. Again you should go thru Pre-assessment and Final assessment. FYI these are 4 stages of VISA stamping

1) Pre-assessment by NZQA (principal applicant and spouse, if claiming for spouse)
2) EOI submission with NZQA reference number, only if your pre-assessment is positive of claimed points.
3) Full assessment by NZQA of you and your partner , if you added your partner in stage 1.(only after EOI is selected and successful). Successful is the case when EOI gets validated of claimed points after selection from the pool.
4) Invitation for VISA stamping if stage 3) is successful.

I hope given information above helps you certain extent.

BR,
Pushparaj

Thnax Pushparaj

Hi All,

I hope this post will be usefull for me as I'm interested and in process of applying immigration to New Zealand as skilled Migrant. Could anyone please suggest which would be a suitable place for living in New Zealand as IT professional? I mean cost effective for staying logging etc..

Regards,
Noil

Hello Noil -> Maybe you could start a new thread with your questions on the New Zeland forum. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Dear Noil,

In my analysis, wellington is the best place for new comers.