Where to buy baby stuff in HCMC???

Hi folks,

Is there anyone who knows where to buy baby stuff in HCMC?
We need a complete layette for our baby who will be born in June.
Friends and colleagues we talked to said we better go to Singapore, Hongkong or Bangkok for the shopping. I can`t believe that there is no place in Saigon to buy baby equipment.
Also if somebody has to sell anything second hand, please contact me. Thanks!

Being ignorant of sophisticated nursery terms: What is a layette?

Vo Van Tan has a strip of stores with things for baby.

You have to very careful with the source: Avoid Chinese products (reecycled materials with dubious contents, lead paint, etc).

Clothing for children is a whiz, all over TP HCM.

You might consider joining PhuMyHungNeighbours Group (on Google), there always seems to be someone selling baby stuff that is no longer needed. One popular item seems to be a breast milking device. Never had the temerity to inquire in to their penultimate use.

Jaitch wrote:

Being ignorant of sophisticated nursery terms: What is a layette?

Jaitch............c'mon man!.........oh master of internet technology......GOOGLE!

From Wikipedia, via Google search:

A layette is a collection of clothing for a newborn child. The term "layette set" is commonly used in the United States to refer to gift sets of baby clothes.

I admit, even being from the states and having two grown children myself, that I either didn't know, or have forgotten what a layette is.

saigonmonkey wrote:

From Wikipedia, via Google search:

A layette is a collection of clothing for a newborn child. The term "layette set" is commonly used in the United States to refer to gift sets of baby clothes.

I admit, even being from the states and having two grown children myself, that I either didn't know, or have forgotten what a layette is.

My daughter was born here ... we just had clothes, toys, etc. None of the fancy words. Besides, OP might have her own interpretation of things.

@OP:
My advice stands. Go to the Google group for previously owned hardware. Giants supermarket (Crescent Mall basement) has a lot of baby stuff (towards the rear in the two left-hand aisles. They even have clothing, tables for attaching to high tables, etc.

Likely you have some of the stuff made more cheaply in Cho Lon (especially the high chair) and to add a table attachment would be cheap.

Layette!

Thank you for your help so far! :-)

Sorry about speaking strange English... I have to get used to the English terms of all that German words in my mind. Just searched for the translation of "Erstausstattung". But seems to me that layette is rarely common. ;-)

Thanks again for lots of advice. Very helpful, I have a plan where to look now. :-)))

Hi.
There is a babyshop at 32 Tran Ngoc Dien, dist 2, sai gon.
It is Snap Coffee too.
Why don't you try it.
I hope u can find wat u want

[Moderated]

Hi there,

If anybody else is looking for shopping opportunities: I can highly recommend belli blossom: en.belliblossom.com.vn/
They have shops in D 1 and in D 7, Crescent Mall.
Good luck!