First day at school :(

Good day folks
Like every parent I'm stressed and worried :(

It's first day at school for my daughter, we were so excited and my daughter too.

She was Ok at school but wanted her mom along… the moment her mom was out of her vision she was crying like anything and that's quite heart breaking for us :(

eventually we have to take her back after 3hrs.. of hide & seek..

Guys, if you please help me with Do's & Don'ts with your experiences it'll be great help.

My little angel will be 3 tomorrow.. and I'm really concerned how & when she gonna settle down in her school..

As always appreciate your suggestions..

God bless and stay safe :)

I know this is very hard on both of you but you need to leave her there even if she cry a lot, I done it twice with my boys and after few times they are fine,you just need to stay strong! if you will take her home every time she cry and scream she will know that this work for her and she will never stop. Many times i was crying all the way to home because its was so hard to leave them like that, but now Im glad:)They are very happy staying at school, they will give me a kiss and will run to play! my advice- stay strong!

As heart breaking as it is, the best thing to do is leave her there crying or not. It will only send mixed messages to her if you take her home when she cries, she will think if she cries, you'll always be there to take her home.
Children are fast learners and they adjust and get along faster than us grown ups do, in no time she will make friends and look forward to going to school. Of course, it will be easier for you guys then, but until this day comes, be strong for her, she will soon do the same. We also experienced this with our daughter who is now 4 :) Let her know that you will be there to pick her up when school is over - Good luck!

guys thanks for your kind advice, I appreciate and gives me strength

Emilia26, I'm crying everyday with her :( ... I must agree I'm not that strong for sure... my bad :(

#question to you both please...

How much time does it took for your child to settle down? and what age you guys put them in school?
Mine just truned 3, yesterday... :)
again much apprecaiated...thanks

Hi. Our son is 3 and a half and has never been to school before. Not only that, but he has been staying with his mom since birth and very attached to her. We were fortunate to take him to some other schools two or three times and it was very difficult and heart breaking. But we realised that when we played 'hide and seek' with him and if he spotted us, he would then keep searching for us. He would not get over it. He would even run out of the class and find us. The fact that he found us made him run out of class each time.

But one of the schools where we went for three days as trial wasn't so good and they were very harsh to him saying things like mommy has gone n you have to be here.

However the new school is brilliant and the teachers very experienced and we left our son today, telling him that we will be back to pick him up soon while he played with his friends in the meantime. He likes painting, counting etc and the teacher kept him engaged in that.

He cried when one other child came in tears and wouldnt let go of his mother...

but we weren't there... If we had, then he would never have resettled in. But it's important not to just dissappear in our opinion. He may cry more but at least he knows that you told him you will back and not just abandoned him.

Hope it helps. It's not an expert opinion but from experience. you could also read more on the web from experts in child matters.

Good luck to all of us :)

Thats true. With my first boy i stayed with him for around one hour every morning, i left when i could see that he feel comfortable playing with the other children, teachers must been very annoyed with me, telling me that I should just leave but I couldn't. He cried if he see me leaving but it was better with each time. With my second son it was easier, maybe because he have different character, after just 4 times he give me a kiss for good bay! Every child is different, some need more time then another, but sending them to school in early age is good for them so stay strong!:)

guys, my daughter is now settling down and this morning she not even cried a once, so happy to see her like that.. I am sure she'll be fine in few weeks or just a matter of few days.

Thanks a ton for your advice, much appreciated.

Take care and have a nice day!!

Is this her first time in school? or has she been before? My daughter is almost 4 and we had the same problem when she started school when she was 16 months old.

In time she will be ok. Tell her the mommy and daddy always come back. Give her a idea of what will happen when you leave and that you will be back at lunch time or before she takes a nap.

where is she going to school???

yea Roshini1128,
first time for her.. and we always doing that! thanks :)

she goes to Hampton school in Quatre bornes!!

cheers
Sumeet