5 good reasons to live in malta

this should evoke some comments

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … lta.452491

whats yours?

Mine, that I sent is:

Weather is weather, nothing you can do about it apart from dress correctly for it and plan your activities. It's the same in the UK really or anywhere else for that matter. One adapts,(improvises) modifies and overcomes.
The weather is nothing to do with why we are moving to Gozo/Malta, permanently, at last.
It's the people, their culture and the islands' history.

redmik wrote:

:

The weather is nothing to do with why we are moving to Gozo/Malta, permanently, at last.

So if Malta / Gozo had winters like we had when we lived in France when we were snowed in for anything up to 10 days with temp -19c and the closes shops being 6km away, you would still move to Malta?
We moved to Malta because of its temperate winter climate and because English was spoken by most people. The rest is a bonus as everywhere has "people, culture and history"!

Terry

tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:

:

So if Malta / Gozo had winters like we had when we lived in France when we were snowed in for anything up to 10 days with temp -19c and the closes shops being 6km away, you would still move to Malta?
We moved to Malta because of its temperate winter climate and because English was spoken by most people. The rest is a bonus as everywhere has "people, culture and history"!
Terry

Good for you Terry and yes I would and I have lived in several countries that have the cold weather you describe, including Scotland and The Falklands.
I also remember the winter in the UK of 1963, snowed in for 6 weeks in Cheshire.
As for everywhere has people, culture and history, I agree but it's what does it for me.
I am bringing my Arctic clothing with me, just in case :D

Just saw some pictures of the winter of 63 when the river Tyne was frozen.

For me it's the weather, people and the quality of life.

WEATHER
FOOD
CHEAP NURSERY FOR MY BABIES
SEA
GOOD QUALITY OF LIFE IN GENERAL

@giusidda -> Can you please lower your caps lock so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

1.) weather (esp. the sunshine hours) :cool:
2.) sea/beaches (swimming season from May to November)
3.) motorcycle season the whole year :lol:
4.) way of (easy) living (if you can effort it)
5.) in general the demands of every aspects are not so exaggerated than in other ("high developed") counties

... and the airport is near and lots of flights to several destinations are offered :)

Markus

forgot to mention the crystal clear waters that surround the island, fantastic diving :)

giusidda wrote:

WEATHER
FOOD
CHEAP NURSERY FOR MY BABIES
SEA
GOOD QUALITY OF LIFE IN GENERAL

Hi there

So do you think is it smart enough or smart at all to get there with my CV in my hands and start to look some restaurant business(waiter,cook,host..)
?
All the best
Alex

yes alex why not :)

giusidda wrote:

yes alex why not :)

Hi,thank you,guess that is an answer from some one who knows right?
I believe in my knowledge of course,and is it good time to do that in next few days,maybe a week..?What do you think?

Hi Alex,

it is definitly not a good time to go around looking for a job as a waiter or cook as it is the winter season at the moment and tourism is very slow.

The season starts later, Easter and after.

Of course there are always a job or two available but the numbers will be very limited.

You should also check out the visa requirements for Serbian nationals.

Cheers
Ricky

weather, sea, EU Member, weather and weather...
(but the third photo in that article could easily be Malta after a rainy day)

Alf007 wrote:

... EU Member ...

Yes, that's also a good reason (as long as you are a EU national ;)) , and also the English language !

Guess i am not one here who you guys like, nothing to like or dislike, ..lol.. that's fine..there are people who are not in EU..they learn English..for better future..friendly people..and i think every one have need or chance or right to find out about 5 good reasons to be in Malta...procedure and politics are something else.. doesn't mean some one not deserve it or lees valuable..if not EU..

Alex1974 - you asked for advice regarding work prospects and various people gave you good advice and information. They know what they are talking about, they live in Malta! If you want to think that advice is because they don't like you 'Guess i am not one here who you guys like' - that's wrong. The working laws are made by the EU and the Maltese Government, not by the members of the Malta blog :)

That is fine...thank you all for advises..

Hi Alex ,

as already said , it is not about liking someone or not! THere are rules and regulations in the EU . All is fine if you comply but Malta and the EU are just making it more difficult not to comply (new residence certificates and so on ).Non-EU's are not really welcome ...

I had a lot of trouble as an EU citizen having my American girlfriend be able to stay in Malta so I know what I'm talking about. If I went to  Serbia or the US I would have problems too ! Things are not as easy as saying everyone deserves a chance !

If I told border control in Boston that I have an American girlfriend ( 12 years) and that I would like to come and stay they would put me right back in the plane to London ! THey wouldn't care a damm if I deserve a chance or not .

But you have our full support as long as you pursue legal courses!

Cheers
Ricky

I agree with you,but you know in last couple posts some guys here especially said...EU citizens,yes only if you are EU..i do live in Serbia and i really know what that means and EU with law and regulations,i was in USA,Russia,Ukraine,France,my passport if full with visas and stamps,i never been there or i want to be any where but the legal way,i do agree about your girl friend,please do not get me wrong here

Alex, the topic is: "5 good reasons to live in malta"
And one of them is, that Malta is a EU Member State which is a pretty good reason to live in if you are a EU national.

Markus

Ok,i got it,just you know felt like intruder.. didn't mean anything wrong sorry..
Yes,that is why i would like to be part of Malta..with my family..

Alex, this started as a not very serious conversation about why we like Malta I think.
You started to ask questions about work so some things have got confused, I think.
I, do not like or dislike anyone, except bigots, racists and people who do not respect the faiths of others.
I cannot give you any advice as good as what you get from others but I like to read about it all.
So, welcome, stay and I hope your plans work.

matm911 wrote:

Alex, the topic is: "5 good reasons to live in malta"
And one of them is, that Malta is a EU Member State which is a pretty good reason to live in if you are a EU national.

Markus

Not just to EU members...for example I am non EU, and with just one Schengen Visa I am able to travel around Europe without the hassle of getting a Visa every single time for every single country as it was before EU times...

Cheers

redmik wrote:

Alex, this started as a not very serious conversation about why we like Malta I think.
You started to ask questions about work so some things have got confused, I think.
I, do not like or dislike anyone, except bigots, racists and people who do not respect the faiths of others.
I cannot give you any advice as good as what you get from others but I like to read about it all.
So, welcome, stay and I hope your plans work.

Thank you sir,i appreciate your kind words,means to me a lot.

Following Markus's way of posting for this one

1.) Way of Life
2.) Weather
3.) Distance to Mainland Europe and ease of Air transport
4.) People
5.) SCUBA :):):):)

Ok you knew that Diving was going to be there ;)

Julian

OK then after looking out of my window at the grey, cold, snow covered view:

1. The Sun
2. The people
3. The outdoors life
4. The food & wine (OK that's two)
5. The historical architecture.

Lynn would say

1. The Sun
2. Caffe Cordina Valletta
3. St Patrick's Hotel, Xlendi
4. The Markets
5. Caffe Cordina Valletta
:)

Just now I'm sitting on my terrace, enjoying the warming sun at 16°C and reading online about snow chaos and lots of accidents in Austria :cool:

Ha ha, good for you, we will be there soon.
After -13degC last night, now about +3degC,
It's positively tropical!! :)