Cost of living

Hello people!!

I am new to the forum and I have read previous posts on the right salary for the specified job..the posts I read were quite old and would sincerely appreciate if someone could help me run by the numbers as of current please...Some details about my job as under..

I am getting an offer of 700KD with an international airline. I plan to move mostly in the next 2 months. Initially for the first 6 months I intend to stay by myself and will later be accompanied by my wife. I intend to look up a one bedroom-hall flat somewhere in Salmiya(preferably cause I will be working at KWI intl. airport). We have no children yet and are not a couple who likes to really eat out everyday or otherwise. Basically we both are individuals who wud prefer to stay home and spend time with each other if given a choice...may I request of a few experienced people on this forum to help me with the following details;

1. How much would we spend on rent?
2. How much would we spend on electricity/water/mobile/broadband
   connection/cell phone etc.?
3. How much would monthly grocery cost us(intend to cook at
   home)?
4. once in a while we would like to go to the theatre for a
   movie or so..how much does that cost?
5. After all the above, would we be able to save and if yes, how
   much in your opinion would we end up saving?   

Sorry guys too many questions but I sincerely look forward to all the support and information I could gather before I take the big step...A big thank you to all in advance!!..Cheers n God bless all!!

Hello Oorvaksh.

Welcome to the forum! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Kuwait forum for more interaction.

Did you the threads on Cost of living in Kuwait? You will surely find some answers.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Aurelie,

Thanks for the quick response..truly appreciate it!

I did go through the forums and looked for Cost of living threads..the problem is most of these threads seemed to be quite old(threads responded to more than a year or two ago). I was hoping to get some real time scenarios in terms of numbers from our friends on the forum. Any help is genuinely appreciated cause its a very very important decision, I believe for anybody..thanks once again Aurelie!!..

Cheers!!

Hello,
I am also coming to Kuwait in a little bit and I don't know for how long. My company here in Romania sends me there for some projects. I am very interested to know about all the prices to negotiate my allowance because I saw from the other posts that life in Kuwait is a little expensive and I want to have a clear situation before coming because it has to be worth the trouble (saving some money i mean :) ). I have the accommodation already and i would like to know how much money would I need for food and fun so that I can also save some .
Thank you

I still await your kind comments, suggestions or whatever you feel is important to know and can be helpful..

Thanks all!!

Friends please reply on the questions raised by the Oorvaksh. I also want to know about the same even I also got the job in Kuwait and I will be there in coming 2 months. My office would be near to Ahmadi. So, also please let me know about the best place to take a house on rent near to my work place.

Looking forward for your replies...

Thanks

Piyush

Hello People....can someone please respond??...

@Admins - I posted my query on Jan 07 and till date have not got any response...what can possibly be done to increase the chances of having an update..any help is highly appreciated..I am kinda lost with the information on the same topic elsewhere on the forum cause that information is outdated!..

Hope to hear from someone willing to help!..Cheers n Thanks in advance!!

for rent i would say you wouldnt be able to get anywhere less than 250KD.hard to find a good one.so keep you budget for 200-250KD.

electricity and water dont worry about the bills because they are mostly paid annually.not as you would be experiencing in india.

for Internet you can check various websites of the internet service providers in kuwait the rates are pretty reasonable now compared to few years back.

mobile will cost you as per you contacts here,you can check the zain, wataniya and viva websites for prepaid and post paid lines.

https://www.zain.com.kwhttp://www.wataniya.comhttp://www.viva.com.kw

groceries may cost you around 25-30KD thats a rough figure,as the prices here vary with the place you are buying from.you do find cheap also.dont worry there are lot of indian stuff here.

ticket costs around 2-2.5 KD or can be less if discounts offered or some banks also have some offers to their customers offering discounts.

yes you will be able to save.pretty good amount unless you get caught with the attractive offers by various electronic stores and other retailers here.