American in kiev

Hi, well I'm new here...both to the site and to the ukraine! ive been here twice before and...

let's just say i decide for whatever reason it would be a good idea to come hang out in Kiev for a few months! AND in the winter on top of it! LOL

now that I am here i'm looking for things to do and for english speaking people to talk to.

smiles,

Sean

Hi, I'm Ron, i spend a lot of my year in Paris.  great to be here.

in paris now? i have only been to the airport there...lol

Hello Sean. If you need some help or just someone to hang out with, please count on me.

thanks!

I will be glad to help in Kyiv

i found from a helpful person here that there is a party at the cotton club thursday night...guess i will be there...

"ПростиЁлка"
DJ Konstantin Ozeroff, DJ Watson, DJ Lady 9 Января
Клуб Форсаж

Естественный PHOTO'отбор
Чемпионат по синхронному Буханию 9 Января
Бионика

«Whiskey Party»  - 50%! 9 Yanvarya Azhur

Chudo Sale skidka na kokteyli - 50 %. 10 JAN 2013, Disko Radio Kholl

Pink Stars -Khit Parad Dr. Watson i pDj Kristyen 10 JAN 2013. Club Sakson

Hey! We can show you kiev, if you want)

MAJ_Lukash wrote:

Естественный PHOTO'отбор
Чемпионат по синхронному Буханию 9 Января
Бионика

In english please MAJ_Lukash on this English speaking forum! ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

ups, sorry.

Hey Sean,

I remember doing the same.

Arrive at Borispyl, walk outside in winter at -10 C and thinking to myself WTH! Why did I come here in winter!? {LOL}

I would come party with ya but I quit drinking at New Year. :(

One of my friend in Kyiv, said that "If you are an American here, you are like GOD!". Hehhe, he was an American.

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Please register in Kiev business directory. Thanks.]

Hey I will be flying into Kiev on the 7th of August. I am going to be staying at hostels around Kiev until I get my flat. If anyone wants to meet up or something feel free to message me.  :)
[email protected]

Hi Stay true,

Feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Kiev section, this might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

osmanboylu wrote:

One of my friend in Kyiv, said that "If you are an American here, you are like GOD!". Hehhe, he was an American.

Of course an American would say this. Clearly, that person..well, I'll curb my opinion for the sake of peace.

I find I am more of a curiosity than anything. Maybe like a monkey at the zoo to Ukrainians I suppose, depending on where I am. People's reactions are all random, but a good dose of caution is evident in all of them.

Total opposite of Americans. America is full of immigrants from everywhere and everyone strives to look unique. Ukraine is full of primarily a single people, even the major foreign population {Russians} are very similar to Ukrainian appearance. Anyone different is noticed, eyeballed, and judged.

wjsd_kyiv wrote:
osmanboylu wrote:

Of course an American would say this. Clearly, that person..well, I'll curb my opinion for the sake of peace.

I find I am more of a curiosity than anything. Maybe like a monkey at the zoo to Ukrainians I suppose, depending on where I am. People's reactions are all random, but a good dose of caution is evident in all of them.

Total opposite of Americans. America is full of immigrants from everywhere and everyone strives to look unique. Ukraine is full of primarily a single people, even the major foreign population {Russians} are very similar to Ukrainian appearance. Anyone different is noticed, eyeballed, and judged.

I agree my friend, but I did not wanted to mention something bad by saying it.