Moving to Dakar

Hello everyone

I am preparing to move to Dakar in February to take time off from work, improve my french and do some writing. I am looking to rent a one bedroom or a studio apartment in Dakar,any thoughts on how I should go about it? How about internet, is it easily accessible? And what do people recommend in regards to taking french lessons as an expat

Thanks for the thoughts and advise in advance and cheers1

Sosena

Hello,
My name is Fatou I am currently visiting in Dakar, My mother just finished building an apartment building in a quiet neighborhood in the dieuppeul area. I will be able to take pics soon if you are interested. My family is currently in Charlotte her number is 704 531 6666, she can give you more details.

About learning french you have the option of hiring a tutor or going to the universities and take classes.

Wish you the best
take care

Hi, Fatou

Just called and spoke to your aunt- she gave me a number to call your mom but that doesn't seem to work (704 531 7749)- I will try in just a little bit

I am not familiar with the area you mentioned, I am interested in finding a place in Dakar- do you know of any?

Thanks

Sosena

Hello all...I am inquiring as to how much the rent is for a decently sized one bedroom apartment on the outskirts of Dakar..One with a bathroom and kitchen inside..please send your response to my email [email protected]

Hi Fatou,

I will be in Dakar starting Sept 1 for a year and I'm interested in seeing the apts you have stated (in this post) your mother rents. I'm coming from the Washington DC area.  I have an idea of where Dieuppeul is and if possible would like to see some pictures.

My requirements are:

* Location meublée
    * 2 Chambres
    * Salon
    * Cuisine
    * Toilette visiteur
    * Not too far from UCAD area
    * 200,000 - 400,000 FCFA/mois (could consider a little
       higher if apartment is ideal)
    * Lease duration September 1, 2010 - June 30, 2011 (10
       months)

Thanks !

hello your problems are solved? otherwise I think I can help.

Hi Malick,

I am interested. How can you help?

thanks