Moving to AZ in a month and a half

Good evening (over here in Belgium anyway)

I just had my interview at the consulate in Brussels and got approved and will be able to pick up my visa in a few days. So soon I will be moving to sunny Arizona to be with my husband who is waiting for me there.

I was looking around and found this website through google. Just thought I'd introduce myself and I look forward to reading and writing on this forum, as I plan my own move to the other side of the world!

Greetings from Belgium!:)

Caoimhe.

Hello Caoimhe,

I am an American who happens to be living in Marrakech Morocco. When my husband's VISA is approved sometime this year we will be moving back to the USA. I am staying here in Morocco until then. I have family in Arizona and I have spent quite a bit of time in Arizona visiting them over the years. I hope to settle there when we return, either in the Phoenix or Tucson areas at first. I have had enough of the cold in Nebraska so I am avoiding going back there. So where in Arizona we end up all depends on the employment situation. Apache Junction is lovely small city, I think you will enjoy living there. Personally I am very partial to the Flagstaff area and I have always wanted to live near the forests of that area. I hope you get a chance to go see the wonders of nature. In minutes you can step out of the city experiencing some truly spectacular scenery and amazing wildlife....like out of the movies.   

Winter is a great time to go to Arizona, the golfing is fantastic. But, before you know it it will be summer, so protect your skin and don't get too much sun especially in the middle of the day and carry a bottle of water with you. I know Belgium is a cooler climate as is most of Europe, so you maybe tempted to bask in the sun by the pool side, trust me it is not a good idea. I have had some devastating burns from it in a very short period of exposure. Swim in the morning or in the evening if that is something you enjoy. Keep your AC in your home set a little warmer in the summer so you don't shock your body when you go outside during the daytime.

I am sure you will love it there. Perhaps someday my husband and I  will meet your husband and you when we are all there.

May God Bless you.