Moving to Kuwait

Hi I am moving to kuwait in march and was wondering where is the best place to meet new friends I have 3 children and what is the best thing to do in the day when my boys are at school to keep me sane. Lol thanks

u can call me when u came here i had born here
working in amircan skool could help
with wat ever u want

Hi Kirsty
Are you still planning to move to Kuwait? Well, you can get a membership to a health club while your boys are at school, there are some good health clubs here. Also there are some communities that arrange meet ups. It might be hard at the beginning but then I am sure you will find your way. If you need some advice let me know.
Jda

I agree with the gym membership,it's a good way to meet people. There is the AWARE center in Salwa, it's a place for people new to Kuwait. There are Arabic classes and cooking classes as well as trips they plan. You can learn alot about Kuwait from this place, there is a link to some sites on my blog.

M

KirstyBain1982 wrote:

Hi I am moving to kuwait in march and was wondering where is the best place to meet new friends I have 3 children and what is the best thing to do in the day when my boys are at school to keep me sane. Lol thanks

I'm a newbie myself (just arrived here last week), and I got myself a membership at the Holiday Inn located in Salmiya. I'm still not having luck meeting people, but it seems like if there was ever to be a place, this would be it.

If you need help with anything specific, feel free to send me a message on here. Although I was born and raised in America, I have family here because my nationality is Kuwaiti (the issue is we have conflicting interests - to say the least).

1) Long walks on the beach side, There is Salmya (scienctific center) I guess its a popular spot to take long walks.

2) If you are into sports, specifically water sports. You can check out hilton's mangaf for scuba programs, rafting, swimming and I think even if you not into water sports there is a nice tennis court.

3) Keep checking 248am.com for new events, every now and then there is something happening and usually this site owner posts events, plays, comedy shows, new opening rest..etc

That's what I can think of, but I guess if you dig more there is more to do.

Cheers,

Faze wrote:
KirstyBain1982 wrote:

I'm a newbie myself (just arrived here last week), and I got myself a membership at the Holiday Inn located in Salmiya. I'm still not having luck meeting people, but it seems like if there was ever to be a place, this would be it.

If you need help with anything specific, feel free to send me a message on here. Although I was born and raised in America, I have family here because my nationality is Kuwaiti (the issue is we have conflicting interests - to say the least).

I just joined the Health Club at the Holiday Inn...mostly because it seems less expensive than other clubs. It allows me to do what I need (run and swim) plus it is something to do at the weekends....it is a bit manic there at the pool at weekends but I still found it OK. Much better than sitting in the apartment watching FOX Series!!!